Tottenham Hotspur will today (Thursday) learn whether it will be able to utilise the full capacity of Wembley Stadium when it uses the venue for home matches next season.

The English Premier League will play all of its home games during the 2017-18 campaign at Wembley as work takes place on the final stages of its new stadium.

Wembley has applied for 22 extra full-capacity events to be permitted between August 1 this year and July 31 next year, which would enable Spurs to use all 90,000 seats in the stadium for its home matches. In January, Tottenham said it was supporting Wembley National Stadium Limited (WNSL) in its efforts to increase the number of full-capacity events.

Last week, Brent Council officers submitted a 44-page report that recommended the planning committee approve the application, as long as the move would not negatively impact the local community.

The committee is due to make an announcement later today.

In a statement released in January, Tottenham said WNSL’s plans would allow the stadium operators, the club, emergency services and transport providers to put together a comprehensive management plan for the full period of the tenancy.

A Tottenham spokesperson said: “We shall be supporting WNSL as they undertake a thorough consultation process so that residents are fully aware of the application and our commitment to ensuring that our proposed tenancy delivers positive benefits, as well as initiatives and improvements to better mitigate event day impacts on local residents and the wider community.”