Orlando City Stadium is to roll out the Ticketmaster “tap and go” digital ticketing system through a multi-year extension deal with Major League Soccer (MLS) club Orlando City.
The technology will allow fans to enter the 25,500-seat venue using a saved ticket on their smartphone in an effort to further enhance the fan experience.
The renewal extends to National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) franchise Orlando Pride. The firm will serve as the official ticketing and technology partner for all live events at Orlando City Stadium.
The venue opened earlier this year and has been using Ticketmaster Presence and digital ticketing, but will soon see Ticketmaster’s ‘tap and go’ digital ticketing system integrated at the venue.
“Orlando City SC’s partnership with Ticketmaster has revolutionised the way we do business, helping us to reach our goal of creating the best fan experiences on the ground,” said Chris Gallagher, chief revenue officer, Orlando City SC.
“Because of Ticketmaster’s technology, we can leverage the insights gleaned from our ‘smart stadium’ to better understand who’s entering the venue, what’s happening during an event and how we can use this information to improve fan engagement.”
Ticketmaster Presence, which the venue installed in March, has aided Orlando City’s move towards a fully digital ticketing system, strengthening relationships with season ticket members and single-game fans by improving CRM lead strategy, campaign tracking and analysis to boost the impact of digital campaigns.
The club saw 65 per cent of fans using mobile, and the remaining 35 per cent utilising NFC-enabled paper smart tickets or season ticket member cards.
Orlando City Stadium hosted over half a million fans from March to October, including regular league play for Orlando City, Orlando Pride, and Orlando City B in the United Soccer League (USL). The stadium also hosted the US men’s national team against Panama in its Fifa World Cup qualifying match, as well as the NWSL Championship Cup, among other events.
“Orlando City SC is one of the most tech-forward organisations in MLS, paving the way for other venues and sports teams in North America to appreciate the immense benefits of adopting new ticketing and event management technology,” said Greg Economou, chief commercial officer for Ticketmaster North America.
“We look forward to continued innovation with our partners at Orlando City to create even greater experiences for fans.”