PTI Digital has announced that its annual conference will take place at Edgbaston Stadium, Birmingham on August 12th 2021 – the first major industry get-together since lockdown was eased.
Titled “SportsBiz 2.0: Could Covid enable the digitisation of our industry?” the day’s agenda will cover the experience of the previous 18-months and not only reflect on the agility, ingenuity and innovation the industry has had to demonstrate to cope with the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis, but also look forward to how we’ll now harness the power of data, digital and technology as ‘must haves’ in the new world.
We have seen our industry overcome big hurdles, from stadia being converted to vaccination centres, to the deployment of technology to solve social distancing requirements at pilot events through planning for the longer-term of hosting larger crowds and the critical technology requirements to enable this.
We can also see opportunity to blend business strategy, commercial outcomes and digital investment. For example, the acceleration in the need for digital ticketing helping to solve the age-old problem of being able to identify everyone in attendance enabling the growth of addressable audience, prompting rightsholders to think about how to utilise data insights to improve the customer experience, all underpinned by various technology platforms.
PTI Digital believes that the digital age represents an opportunity to utilize digital technology to create more stakeholder value away from just match/event day. The impact of the pandemic has highlighted the need to grasp the opportunity even more acutely and we will be exploring those themes on the day.
We are delighted to have secured a stellar line-up of speakers and panelists (to be announced at later dates) but the primary focus of the day is to share experiences and ideas to help our industry bounce back even stronger from the challenges posed by the global pandemic.
Set in Edgbaston’s luxury hospitality suites and with the backdrop of Warwickshire’s Royal London 50-Over clash with Somerset, there will be plenty of opportunities for networking and watching some live sport.
The day itself is open to all sports and entertainment venues, clubs, league and federations, is free of charge and will be subject to the usual Chatham House Rules. There will be no vendors present. If you would like to register to attend, please click here.
Who Will Be There?
C-Suite industry leaders at sports and entertainment venues, clubs, leagues and federations interested to understand more about how others have dealt with COVID crisis, how they’re preparing for the mass return of fans and how they’re thinking about their future commercial models.
Previous attendees include:
- Head of Data & Insight, Aston Villa FC
- Marketing Manager, Aston Villa FC
- Head of Attractions, AEG / Up at the O2
- Chief Commercial Officer, Bath Rugby
- Operations Director, Bath Rugby
- Chief Operations Officer, Bedford Blues
- Chief Commercial Officer, Birmingham City FC
- Chief Operations Officer, Birmingham City FC
- Commercial Director, Brentford FC
- Technology Director, Brentford FC
- Group Chief Finance Officer, Bristol Sport
- Tour & Museum Manager, Chelsea FC
- Digital & Data Manager, Connacht Rugby
- Chief Executive Officer, Edgbaston
- Chief Operations Officer / Chief Finance Officer, Edgbaston
- Head of Commercial, Edgbaston
- CRM & Digital Manager, The Football Association
- Chief Commercial Officer, Gloucester Rugby
- Chief Technology Officer, Ipswich Town FC
- Head of Stadium Technology, Irish Football Association
- Ticketing & Fan Engagement Manager, Irish Football Association
- Group IS Director, The Jockey Club
- IT Director, London Legacy Development Corporation
- Head of IT, Manchester City FC
- Head of Venue Strategy & Planning, Manchester United FC
- Director of Operations, Manchester United FC
- Head of Commercial – Arenas, NEC Group
- Head of Commercial, Northern Echo Arena
- Finance Director, Norwich City FC
- Chief Commercial Officer, Nottingham Forest FC
- Chief Finance Officer, Nottingham Forest FC
- Head of Commercial, Ospreys
- Head of Marketing, Ticketing & Retail, Scunthorpe United FC
- IT Team Leader, Stoke City FC
- Chief Operations Officer, Swindon Town FC
- Chief Technology Officer, Village Hotels
- Corporate Development Director, Wasps
- Group Event Sales & Operations Manager, Welsh Rugby Union
- Head of CRM, Data & Insights, West Bromwich Albion FC
- Conference & Events Manager, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
- Head of Business Operations, Worcester Warriors
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org