Our Ideal Candidates
Actively Listen – Take an active role in listening by being present in the moment, using healthy body language, and ensuring joint understanding. When we read between the lines and hear what others are saying and what they are not saying, we encounter amazing opportunities to go the extra mile in serving them.
Collaborate – Realize that we are better together than we are alone. We achieve much better results when others have the opportunity to add their diverse perspectives. Be open to feedback and actively seek input from a variety of people at varying levels because the best ideas come from those who are closest to those we serve.
Engage in Servant Leadership – Put others ahead of yourself even when it’s difficult. Find opportunities to lead by example in the way you pitch in and help others. Giving back to others is at the heart of what we do.
Build Relationships – Cultivate trust in relationships by showing respect and sensitivity. Invest time in helping others to continuously improve by listening to their ideas and helping them to continuously improve.
Own Results – Own issues you encounter even when they are outside of your area of responsibility by taking action or seeking out the needed resolution. You are empowered and expected to take risks aimed at exceeding the expectations of our guests. Take advantage of this rare opportunity by utilizing available resources.
The Assistant Director of Stadium Operations provides departmental oversight of the Engineering, Housekeeping, and Event Conversions & Grounds Departments at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (MBS). The Assistant Director of Operations will report directly to the Director of Stadium Operations. This position will continue to work to create a sustainable, safe, and fan friendly environment in a world class sports and entertainment venue.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director of Stadium Operations with strategizing and long-term planning; implements workflow and secures resources to help the Engineering, Housekeeping and Event Conversion & Grounds Departments function effective and efficiently.
- Attends event planning meetings to interpret needs; and subsequently oversees and coordinates the daily activities of Engineering, Housekeeping and Event Conversion & Grounds Departments to ensure highly successful results.
- Assists with tight-turn conversions; acts as the lead department liaison with department managers to ensure turnovers are completed timely and to expected standards.
- Assists with the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and training of personnel.
- Assists Director of Stadium Operations with oversight and tracking of Stadium CAPEX projects to ensure timely completion within budget.
- Assists with budget preparation, expense forecasting, preparation of event expense estimates, and review of budget. Reviews and approves expenses as delegated by the Director.
- Utilizes the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to manage the flow of work orders to their completion; uses CMMS to monitor pre-event checklists to their completion; Performs routine checklist inspections to ensure standards are met; Interprets data and implements change as necessary to achieve maximum results.
- Hires qualified team members serving as a catalyst and mentor for motivating productivity, innovation, high employee morale and commitment to the organization.
- Sets clear and specific expectations/objectives for team members and departments. Assists with skills-based training of Engineering, Housekeeping and Conversion associates.
- Recognizes and provides coaching, counseling, and discipline as appropriate.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year learning institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a building or project over 1 million square feet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of how a Stadium operates and ability to plan, organize and execute event day and nonevent day activities.
- Knowledge of safety rules, procedures, and practices, including the proper use of safety equipment as defined by OSHA and industry standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel. Prior experience with CMMS systems a plus.
- Ability to work irregular and flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.