This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Box Office and supervises all ticket selling and cash management functions in coordination with the promoter and building personnel at Allegiant Stadium.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of all box office personnel, providing feedback and guidance as needed.
- Participate in hiring all box office staff: perform initial review of resumes, conduct interviews, and provide input and recommendations for hiring decisions to the Director of Ticketing.
- Use customer service skills, diplomacy and good judgement to resolve any escalated customer service issues such as counterfeit tickets, refunds, reprints, etc.
- Provide required, standard training and information to ensure that staff are well informed and properly trained regarding policies and procedures.
- Staff the box office by setting the monthly schedule to accommodate the promoter, walk-up sales, will call window, seating problems, payment collection, and patron inquiries.
- Track attendance and address attendance issues with employees directly.
- Discuss performance issues with employees. Escalate to Human Resources and/or the Director of Ticketing as needed.
- Ensure that the daily transactions of cashiers, phone sales, and web-based sales reconcile with events outstanding per the general ledger, all source documentation, and ticket inventory maintained outside of the computer ticket system.
- Audit and reconcile cash drawers and sale receipts for all Box Office staff.
- Reconcile the cash vault, facilitate cash transport on and off property with outside vendor and order cash as needed for advances and settlements. Provide the Finance department with a certified event audit statement in a timely manner, to be used at time of settlement.
Create or Customise Event Builds in Ticket System:
- Develop and customise seating and pricing configurations within the computer ticket system for each event in coordination with the promoter, production coordinator and marketing director. Modify standard configurations or create new builds from scratch for unique events or specialised needs.
- Foster business partnerships with promoters by providing information and assistance promptly and accurately upon request. Main point of contact for show ticketing information.
- Communicate with outlets and computer ticket company regularly and keep them properly informed about events and computer operations.
- Maintain files on each event that consists of production kills, seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits, and ticket inventory schedules.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience to include working in a box office supervisory position.
- Must have knowledge and experience with TicketMaster ticketing system.
- Ability to work under pressure, while handling large sums of money utilising prescribed cash management controls and day-to-day tasks concurrently.
- Proficient with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual.
- Ability to work assigned and varying shifts and complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.