The Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC) are looking to recruit a Cluster Venue Manager who will be responsible for further developing the planning principles of the venues within their cluster, with all venues having gone through the first and second iteration of Venue Operational Planning (VOP). The position will also be responsible for developing each of their venue’s operational plans and resolving of the venue’s issues. Additionally, the role will be key in leading and developing wider Venue Management (VMA) teams and the building of venue specific teams.
- Lead, co-ordinate and integrate the ongoing planning and delivery of a cluster of venues. This will include the co-ordination, management and development of cross Functional Area (FA) cluster teams including Overlay, Technology, Logistics, Sport, Transport and Security.
- Building upon pre-agreed organisation and venue wide planning principles:
- assist with the development and programming of the third iterations of Venue Operational Planning (VOP3)
- develop and communicate cluster specific venue planning and delivery principles
- deliver VOP3 process for venues within their cluster(s), in association with other VMA team members and key FAs
- coordinate and manage the planning, validation and delivery of other venue tasks and deliverables in line with identified milestones
- Capture and facilitate the resolution of cluster specific and venue-specific issues. Problem solve or escalate major cross-cluster or cross FA issues that require central resolution.
- Establish excellent working relationships with colleagues within the Operations Division, other Functional Area Managers, incumbent venue teams and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development of licensing documentation, policies and procedures, project plans, emergency evacuation plans, readiness and testing exercises and venue C3 principles.
- Assist with the recruitment and development (including training and mentoring) of the wider VMA team.
- Develop the cluster and venue team approach through the planning phases, leading the migration to operations on venue.
- Establish positive outcomes and pragmatic solutions to complex issues, whilst developing cost effective and optimised operational solutions that enhance the Games overall.
Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Significant experience in a similar role within event or venue management
- Experience in the management and delivery of the end-to-end delivery of large scale, major, international and multi-sport events including the planning, testing and delivery of venue teams
- Knowledge and experience of working within the guidelines set out by the Green Guide and other UK Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of developing Health & Safety documentation and principles
- Self-motivated, with strong organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Highly developed facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and can work effectively with individuals at all levels
- Ability to build excellent internal and external relationships
- Results driven, with solid time management and goal orientation skills
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organisational growth and other challenges
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to email@example.com
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.