The Conversion Manager will manage all event conversions to accommodate sports, entertainment, convention and concert productions at the Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium. This individual is also responsible for direction of work assignments, employee and building safety, and communication between management and department personnel. The manager must ensure strict adherence to standards and meet deadlines. As the Manager is responsible for 30+ part-time employees, candidates must possess strong leadership skills and be able to handle a very demanding schedule.
- Oversee the conversion and changeover of the building from event to event including but not limited, NFL football, college football, concert productions, family shows, corporate events, etc..
- Inspect areas after they have been converted to ensure the internal/external customer is satisfied and all items in the production notes have been addressed to meet safety regulations.
- Schedule weekly and monthly conversion work for staff and contracted labour to ensure necessary labour needs are met on a daily, weekly, and per event basis. Tracks labour to ensure to stay within budget. Approves conversion department timesheets daily. Directly supervise and assign work to FT/PT Staff Members in preparing facility for all events and conversions.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Coordinate with finance and the Events department to provide conversion estimates for individual shows and to create yearly conversion budget. Prepare event cost summaries for different types of conversions.
- Review the departmental needs and recommend repairs, maintenance, or special projects to the department head.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures to insure highest possible standards of conversions operations are met and sustained
- Provide training in proper techniques and procedures of conversion and proper use of conversion equipment.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred in Facility Management, Sports Management or related)
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Specific experience as it relates to an 18,000+ seat sports and entertainment facility; managing the conversion requirements for sporting and entertainment arena events.
- Must have a continuous drive and passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests, employees, tenants and teams.
- Familiar with OSHA standards.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Specific knowledge of portable seating, ice maintenance, hockey glass and boards, portable basketball floor and other associated equipment.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with NBA, NHL/AHL, NCAA (hockey and basketball), FELD Entertainment, AEG Presents, Live Nation and other concert and family show promoters preferred.
- Experience operating automated field trays is preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.