The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The Crowd Safety team directly employ and manage agencies supplying staff, on average 1800 on an event day.
This role will be in support of the Crowd Safety Team specifically responsible for Staffing System administration, auditing training records and recruitment of Wembley Direct Stewarding Staff, in accordance with our safety certificate requirements and current industry best practices. A key part of the role responsibilities will be to ensure that the FA Core values are reflected within our training, auditing, and recruitment processes. This role will require some weeknight and weekend working hours, based around the Stadium Event Calendar.
• Recruitment of Wembley Direct staff
• Creates, monitors and develops the staff programme at the stadium, understanding each event owner’s requirements and managing the agency contract provider, and their staff, to deliver the best stadium experience for all guests at Wembley
• Support the Crowd Safety team in reviewing, developing and continuously improving the safety and customer service related event day management processes for the stadium, including completion of regular induction and audit processes
• Training and inducting new staff as well as agency staff, instilling of our vision and FA Core values.
• Carrying out audits on non-event and event day agency staff which will help us ensure our Safety Certificate is adhered to and improve the quality of staff efficiency across the stadium
• Act as the main point of contact for agencies regarding inductions, training, and staff profiles,
• Be the main in house trainer
• Identifying training requirements and planning training days including tabletop exercises and operational training days
• Assist the Operation division with all Wembley Stadium event day operations.
• Assist with the creation of a bespoke crowd safety documents for each event at Wembley Stadium and any other administrative support that is necessary.
• Undertake event day crowd safety management operational role.
• Post Event function will include preparing and submitting payroll and scrutinising invoices.
• Live the Wembley Common Purpose and Quality Standards and promote and support a culture of guest service through actions and behaviours.
- PTTLS or equivalent and recognised training/teaching qualification
- Level 3 Spectator Safety Qualification as a minimum
- Proven team player
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Significant understanding and awareness of the relevant applicable legislation for stadiums and major events
- Experience of developing robust audit and review processes
- Experience in operational planning
- Demonstrable experience of writing concise, factual and informative reports
- Experience of working with all levels of staff and suppliers from functional to managerial
- Understanding of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of Equality Act and other disability discrimination issues
- Experience of basic health and safety practises
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working in a high profile multipurpose venue.
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification
- Intermediate knowledge of crowd dynamics and crowd management principles.
- Experience in delivering a briefing
- Experience providing administrative support to multiple team members.
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.