The Director of Facility Management is responsible for operating, and maintaining Nationals Park (the “Facilities”). Emphasis is placed on operating all building systems, implementing and managing the preventive maintenance program and work order system, maintaining warranties, implementing building operating and safety procedures, and ultimately supervising a quality staff to efficiently and cost-effectively operate the facilities.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance of the facility to ensure that the highest standards within the industry are consistently attained.
- Inspect the Facilities, parking garages and the entire site to ensure that work is completed in accordance with plans and specifications. Assist in the identification of maintenance issues and ensure the timely attention and completion of those items.
- Maintain the Facilities mechanical, electrical, plumbing, audio visual, food service equipment, fire and life safety systems to insure warranties are maintained and equipment functions properly and efficiently.
- Develop plans for long term projects (3/5 year capital projects).
- Supervise and manage the Facilities engineering and maintenance staffs; provide leadership, communications, ongoing evaluation and compliance with all Nationals’ policies and regulations as well as compliance with all applicable legal requirements relating to the health, safety and conditions of employment for staff.
- Oversee the computerized preventive maintenance and work order system for all facility systems to maximize efficiency and operating life of equipment. Properly train and provide adequate resources to staff in order to complete required maintenance tasks.
- Establish and manage contracts for maintaining the building and equipment. This would include contracts for elevators, escalators, chillers, boilers, generator, electronic and pneumatic controls, and other specialized equipment and services.
- Establish building operating and safety policies and procedures to provide a safe, secure, and clean environment for employees and guests. Assist in establishing a public safety plan in conjunction with OSHA and EPA, District of Columbia Fire and EMS Department and other code officials.
- Establish operating budgets for the maintenance, capital expenditures and operation of the Facilities. Monitor and adjust expenditure levels to insure meeting the budget. Make adjustments to operating procedures to improve comfort, safety, and to minimize expenses.
- Maintain all as-built drawings and record specifications for the project including all operating & maintenance manuals, instructions, and warranties.
- Maintain the ‘high end’ finishes as well as the painted surfaces throughout the facility.
- Evaluate and oversee energy conservation programs.
- Evaluate and recommend savings with labor and or services to reduce or better allocate costs by leveraging our existing infrastructure and skills.
- Closely monitor any third party maintenance or construction contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Further information at link below.