The Director of Facility Operations will oversee all back-of-house operations as it relates to facility services, conversions, and loading dock operations during event and non-event times. The incumbent is responsible for managing the daily operation of Allegiant Stadium to ensure employee, client, and guest safety, security and enjoyment. The incumbent will ensure that all back-of-house departments work in sync so that Allegiant Stadium operates optimally at all times and that patrons, clients and promoter/production managers are consistently treated in a first-class, professional manner while producing successful events.
- Provide operational expertise and management of a multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility
- Create and implement policies and procedures regarding facility operations with a specific focus on the efficiency and safety of operations
- Plan, organise, coordinate and direct all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility to ensure event requirements for sports, entertainment and third-party events are fulfilled
- Conduct ongoing reviews of operations budgets and the staffing plans as it relates to recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating stadium personnel and service providers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Executive staff, Management team, Team Members, Business Agents, etc.; Familiarise and enforce labour contracts for operational staff
- Manage third-party service providers by enforcing the agreed upon scope of services within various signed service agreements
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures (SOP) for operational functions of the facility including conversions, loading dock, mail room, event equipment inventory, departmental, forklifts, etc.
- Prepare a projected Event Cost Estimate/Analysis of specific areas of responsibility
- Continuous review of the facility needs and make recommendations, repairs, maintenance, or special projects to VP – Operations
- Complete daily inspections of buildings and grounds, to include all damage and cleaning errors, so building meets facility standards and in compliance with all local, state and federal safety laws.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Capital improvement plan and budgeting
- Create and implement training plan for all Operations Dept. team members
- Projects as assigned by the VP – Operations
- A minimum education level of Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree in Sports Management, Facility Event Management (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Skilled at interacting effectively with all levels of management and staff, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local fire and police departments and other government entities.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise operations activities with full time managers and operational staff
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and public relations skills.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and variable schedules
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards for public facilities
- Working knowledge of retractable seating and temporary stage deck systems
- Solid accounting and financial skills
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Working knowledge of artificial turf, grass turf and event conversions
- CAD Certification Preferred.
- Knowledge of NFL, NCAA Football, and live entertainment conversions operations
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.