Oak View Group is hiring a Director of Events, for the Swiftel Center in Brookings, SD.
The Director of Events is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of post-booking stage service delivery methods. This position utilizes independent judgment, and directs, manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities and operations of Event Services, assuring the highest quality service program to assure rebooking of events. Provides highly responsible staff assistance to the General Manager.
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
- Oversee event management activities for all facility events; book, coordinate details including timeline, setup, A/V equipment, food and beverages for each event.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate and evaluate Event Coordinator; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Prepare departmental annual budget; recommend capital improvements; control and monitor departmental expenditures; assist in preparation of estimated revenues for facility budget
- Inspect facilities to ensure they are being maintained properly for events
- Develop crowd management and event staffing plans and supervise event staff during events
- Ensure accuracy in computing of costs for post-event billing of services and equipment rental charges; generate invoices and record payments.
- Work closely with the general public by monitoring services provided and addressing complaints in a timely manner
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Conduct planning and operational meetings as required to ensure smooth coordination of event activities
- Track, record and report labor allocations in all areas of functional responsibility for purposes of forecasting, benchmarking and budgeting
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all event related programs and activities
- Work with other department directors in a variety of tasks
- Conduct a variety of industry operational studies; recommend modifications to service delivery methods and operational policies and procedures as appropriate
- Interpret and apply all relevant federal, state and local regulations
- Serve as Event Manager as needed
- Routinely serve as Manager on Duty
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible facility management
- Event management experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Production experience involving concert set up, audio, video, lighting, and rigging preferred
- A complete understanding of the Paciolan ticketing system; terminology, reporting, programming and troubleshooting
- An understanding of group sales methodology, processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
About OakView Group.
OVG360, a division of Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management company that is making a positive disruption in the live entertainment and hospitality industry. OVG360 helps client-partners reimagine the sports, live entertainment, and convention industries for the betterment of the venue, employees, artists, athletes, and surrounding communities.We have a portfolio of more than 200 client-partners spanning arenas, stadiums, convention centers, performing arts centers, cultural institutions, and state fairs around the globe.