KFC Yum! Center operated by ASM Global is a multi-use entertainment venue in Louisville, Kentucky. The KFC Yum! Center offers a variety of world class events including concerts, family shows, sporting events and other special events, while providing a clean and safe environment and guaranteeing the ideal entertainment guest experience and satisfaction.
ASM Global houses offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Director of Finance will oversee ASM Global’s finance and accounting functions of the KFC Yum! Center, Lynn Family Stadium, Norton Healthcare Sports and Learning Center, and the Kentucky Performing Arts venues. Responsibilities include supervising the accounting department staff, performing the month end close process, issuing monthly financial statements, preparing event settlements, preparing budgets, forecasting, and a variety of other financial reports. In addition, the Director of Finance will be an integral part of the senior leadership of our operation. These responsibilities and tasks are coordinated with the VP/General Manager of ASM Global Louisville, as well as ASM’s Regional Director of Finance.
- Ensures finance department policies and procedures are followed.
- Supervises the process of recording accounting transactions in the general ledger and oversees various finance related processes (fixed assets, payroll, etc.) to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate
- Performs and manages show related activities such as settlements, accounting, and event reporting.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements, budget reports, and event flash reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creates, maintains, and manages budgeting and forecasting including, but not limited to, operating budget, monthly forecasting, capital budget, and cash flow analysis.
- Prepares other financial reports and analyses as requested.
- Works closely with the Arena Authority Board of Directors to assist in present and analysing financial data.
- Manages the facilities cash flow needs, maintaining a minimum operating account balance to fund operations.
- Partners with human resources to ensure payroll is processed and recorded accurately.
- Prepares and analyses event pro-formas and makes recommendations regarding deal structures.
- Hires, trains, and retains other accounting staff for ASM Global Louisville.
- Reviews bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, and other analyses as needed.
- Works with outside auditors to complete the annual audits and issue audited financial statements.
- Works events as an Executive on Duty as scheduled
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of BS/BA (4 year) (advanced degree preferred)
- A minimum 5-7 years of related work experience
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures as well as financial systems and controls
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well both inside and outside the organisation
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of arena operation
- Strong organisation skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to work under above average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines
- Must be able to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong business acumen and ability to influence change and drive to results
- Must be able to prioritise and complete work assignments on a timely basis
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Experience in the facilities/arena management industry
- Knowledge of accounting software