Oak View Group/OVG360, is hiring a Director of (Facility/Arena) Operations for the Donald L. Civic Center, located on the Florida State Campus in Tallahassee, FL.
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Director of Operations manages, supervises and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the venue, including engineering, maintenance, set-up/changeovers, custodial/housekeeping, grounds keeping. Provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operating managers, assuring the highest quality service program to assure booking/rebooking of events. Ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budget. Provides highly responsible staff assistance to the General Manager.
· Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of the arena and all systems. This includes HVAC, IT, sound, lighting, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard, etc.
· Assist the events team with the advancing of event needs to ensure successful operations for event clients
· Participate in the development and administration of the Operations Department budget; Forecasting of future funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
· Oversees Custodial services for entire facility.
· Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, signs, etc.
· Administers and negotiates contracts with outside vendors including pest control, scoreboard systems, seasonal landscaping, etc.
· Acts as liaison with University Services for numerous facility related functions (Building Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, etc.).
· Conduct a variety of organisational and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
· Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and architects on building projects
· Maintain hazardous materials communication program and material safety data sheets
· Develop, facilitate and execute capital expenditure plan for facility and equipment
· Responsible for Health & Safety compliance.
· Multi-task under time limits.
· Strong attention to details and accuracy of specified standards
· Leadership and directing others, either verbally, or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
· Interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
· Bachelor’s/Technical degree from an accredited college/university/school preferred
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in facility operations management
· Must show demonstrated knowledge of physical plant management, supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in facility operations
· Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required
· Knowledge of budget preparation and control
· Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
· Knowledge of boilers, chillers, and refrigeration
· Knowledge of Fire Alarm / Fire Protection systems
· Knowledge of event production
· Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
· Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
OVG360 is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Vaccination Statement We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.