About the job
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- 25% Club Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days based on length of service
- Non-Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Health Care
- Membership for domestic games, Tickets for International Games and loads more
• Overall responsibility for the safe and effective running of the Club’s match days, events, buildings and facilities. This will include full responsibility for all soft and hard services within the Club.
• Provide leadership, direction and support to the operations departments.
• You will play a key role in the Club’s continuing growth strategy of the ground and facilities. The role will work along-side 3rd party contractors and project manage areas of the ground refurbishment and redevelopment plans.
• This is a critical assurance role which will oversee and manage all compliance practices and controls within the Club ensuring compliance with all regulatory and operational requirements.
• You will maintain excellent relationships with all key stakeholders including primarily the local authority, fire service, police force, ambulance services, environmental health and licensing and play a key leadership role with the Safety Advisory Group and hold the stadium’s safety certificate.
• Success will be measured in terms of both the Club’s profitability, customer service levels, alongside its ability to gain assurance in our adherence to procedures and practices in line with the requirements and expectations held at a venue.
• You will attend the Surrey Board, OEHL Board and other meetings as required.
• Work closely with the Head of Sustainability to meet our net zero target by 2030.
What you’ll do
Match days and Events
• Lead the planning and organisation (including stakeholder compliance) of all assigned matches and events at the venue.
• Lead on the delivery of all matchdays and events ensuring our fans, members and customers have great experiences, there is a warm welcome to all, whilst providing a safe and secure environment.
• Ensure the correct ground set up on all match days and events ensuring that all services operate efficiently with correct staffing levels.
• Ensure the venue remains best in class for matchday and event operations including the venue logistics.
• Assist with domestic fixture and event planning and ground development projects.
• Deliver outstanding customer service across all operational teams acting upon all customer service feedback.
• Ensure all buildings, services and equipment are maintained to industry standards.
• Develop and maintain a compliance strategy throughout the Club.
• Lead a bottom up review of all venue operational activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our delivery.
• Control the Club’s critical operating permissions including but not limited to, General Safety Certificate, Special Safety Certificates. Premises License.
• Maintain all key relationships with responsible authorities and external partners.
• Control all matters related to crowd safety management and support the Event Safety Officer as detailed in the ‘Green Guide’.
• Administer and control the Club’s Health and Safety and Fire policy.
• Administer and control the Club’s Critical Supply/Service Contracts Policy.
• Effectively manage the contract of all third party contractors and agencies.
• Develop, manage and achieve agreed annual budget.
• Maximise operational profitability, operating margins, and operating service levels. to ensure appropriate financial controls are in place.
• Provide ‘vision’ for the development of the ground ensuring that the Club’s vision and ambitions are achieved.
• Develop and lead on a maintenance and development strategy of the ground and facilities.
• Through inspirational leadership lead a highly talented team capable of delivering a high standard of operational and logistic effectiveness.
• Show effective performance management of all team members and deal with any HR issues in a proactive manner.
• Create and agree annual objectives for all team members.
• Manage the training and development requirements for staff.
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
• Experience of managing complex sport and non-sporting events
• Evidence of achieving strong operational profitability within a large venue
• Extensive experience in working at Senior level, reporting to Board level whist effectively leading teams
• Strong strategic skills and experience of developing, delivering and evaluating operational strategy
• Extensive experience of managing third party providers
• Working knowledge of all current legislation pertaining to the running of a stadium
• Strong understanding of the workings of relevant external authorities and regulators
• Ability to work well under pressure and be able to react quickly and make good decisions
• Ability to demonstrate leadership of effective teams and developing talent
• Excellent communication skills across the Club and with relevant external authorities and regulators
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills. You will be a champion of strong processes embracing new technology advancements
• A commercial and customer-based approach to decision making and project management
• Ideally Nebosh and Level 4 Safety (deputy safety officer) qualified or agreement to complete the qualification.
Please e-mail your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role and stating current salary
Closing date for applications is the 16th August with interviews planned for week commencing the 22nd August.
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and agents, religion, trade union activity and age.