Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
In consultation with the General Manager, the Director of Operations manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the complex including but not limited to maintenance, set-up/changeovers, custodial/housekeeping, landscaping/grounds keeping, equipment safety and capital projects. This employee also provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operating managers and supervisors, assuring the highest quality service program to assure booking and rebooking of events. The Director of Operations ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budget while providing highly responsible staff assistance to the General Manager.
- Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of the facility and all systems. This includes HVAC, sound, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard sytems, pest control, custodial services, etc
- Participate in the development and administration of the facility’s operations and capital budgets; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Oversees the advancing and communicating of event information to the appropriate departments and staff
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, signs, banquet functions, etc
- Acts as liaison with City and County Services for numerous facility related functions (City Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, inspections, warranties, etc)
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance
- Develop and update comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e. Operations Manual, Annual Preventative Maintenance Plan, Annual Facility Report, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc)
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Conduct a variety of organizational and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and architects on building projects
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, and material safety data sheets; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university.
- 5 years’ experience in facility operations management.
- Must show demonstrated knowledge of physical plant management, supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in facility operations.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of boilers, chillers, refrigeration and ice making
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm / Fire Protection systems
- Knowledge of Event production and theatre technology
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Excellent customer service skills
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.