Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building for long-term success, which now includes a new world-class stadium and Training Centre.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG), Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects worldwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include; Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, and the Oakland A’s.
DIRECTOR OF SALES – OVERVIEW:
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading and managing the sales team that will be selling all available THFC, THW and stadium event revenues.
- Work to identify new key corporate and community relationships or partnerships that will assist in developing new sales opportunities
- Represent the organization at various events and programming to showcase sales opportunities
- Actively research and analyze new technology, trends, developments within industry and provide ideas and insights to improve our sales strategy and product portfolio
- Responsible for outbound outreach lists provided; generate own leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and prospects
- Meet or exceed revenue targets related to Premium seating
- Identify, recruit, hire and train sales consultants
- Manage, supervise, motivate, and provide leadership to a staff of approximately 3 sales executives
- Provide guidance on the sales process with every team member, including assistance with prospecting, qualifying potential clients, presenting opportunities and attending meetings
- Evaluate the daily activities of the sales team and provide regular feedback, training and coaching during weekly reviews and department meetings
- Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
- Work alongside Elevate leadership, locally and in the states
- Work alongside Tottenham’s executive team, who are leading the venue’s commercial and operation initiatives
- Regularly measure and report on the budget and effectiveness of sales campaigns, offerings, and staff performance, and provide strategic recommendations
- Represent Elevate, Tottenham, and other partners of the venue professionally
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in hospitality sales or professional sports ticket sales
- 2+ years in management role leading a hospitality sales team or ticket sales team
- History with writing and/or implementing successful ticket sales strategies and plans
- Proven ability to develop and train existing staff and identify future sales candidates
- Track record of achieving and surpassing sales goals
- Must have the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong, active listening skills;
- Must have excellent written communication skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- Must be commercially focused on achieving and surpassing revenue goals within a highly sales focused organization
- None required
- Travel Requirements
- May be required to travel to London or the States (OVG and Elevate regional offices)
- Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment
- The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend all Events
Send your resume to [email protected] to apply for this position. Please put Director of Sales -Tottenham in the subject line.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability in connection with the application process, you may contact us at [email protected].
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/veterans/disabled/ LGBT employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.