The Director of Security Operations is part of the Stadium Operations department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
Reporting to the General Manager of Allianz Field, the Director of Security Operations will assist in the coordination and execution of all security staffing needs both at Allianz Field as well as other properties of the business. The Director of Security Operations will manage day-to-day operation of 24/7 security operations, direct the match day security operation and Event Command Center, contribute to increasing company safety and overall improvement of security services. This is a full-time position based in St. Paul, MN at Allianz Field.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all event day security needs with both the contracted security vendor and the Director of Guest Experience & Events.
- Plan, develop, and implement Emergency Operational Procedures, in collaboration with law enforcement, safety agencies and Major League Soccer Security, for all MNUFC properties and events.
- Assist with handling sensitive situations including injuries, incidents involving alcohol, and unruly guests.
- Participate in the development and administration of the security department and annual budget.
- Implement current customer and event safety programs for Allianz Field that allows part time and full time employees of the Club to serve Guests with a Passion.
- Manage all 24/7 Security Services at Allianz Field.
- Manage and operate existing building access systems (Genotech) including key card distribution and ID card creation while seeking innovative methods and technologies that can improve Safety and Security club wide.
- Manage and coordinate Life Safety response situations (i.e. rioting, protesting)
- Update various Life Safety policies as needed on an annual basis.
- Schedule and present 2-3 table top exercises annually.
- Conduct annual reviews of all safety and security plans for MNUFC facilities and events, benchmarking against industry best practices and recommending changes when necessary.
- Coordinate external security for MNUFC guests, such as dignitaries and other leaders, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other departments such as, Legal/Risk Management, Team Operations, Event Services, Fan Experience, Human Resources, and external partners to ensure accountability for up-to-date safety standards, limited liability, and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ability to respond to emergencies at MNUFC facilities on a 24/7 basis.
- Oversee investigations pertaining to club assets.
- Aid in the negotiation of contracts and agreements with suppliers for necessary activities and services at the facility.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of increasing public safety responsibility including supervisory responsibility.
- Experience in a stadium or other public assembly facility preferred.
- Strong understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local laws related to public safety and law enforcement.
- Demonstrated ability to independently seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before and/or after they arise.
- Experience in emergency planning and crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, and scheduling are required.
- Ability to complete projects and resolve issues expeditiously and independently, while exercising initiative and good judgment.
- Outstanding communication skills including in-person and email.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow timelines.
- Flexible schedule – office hours during the week and events on weekends and weeknights.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in all types of adverse weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Safety, Criminal Justice, Public Administration or other related field preferred
- Currently possess or be eligible to obtain AED, first aid, CPR, and other related certificates.
- Proficiency in Raven Controls Incident Management System or similar software preferred.
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.