The Director, Premium Sales is responsible for generating revenue through the sale of suite inventory, club seats and other premium inventory for both the Ft. Lauderdale Stadium in 2020 and Miami Freedom Park in 2022. It includes the execution of a sales plan focused on maximising revenue for the organisation. The Director will play a support role to the Vice President by selling premium seating inventory and managing a dedicated season ticket sales team in order to achieve organisational sales and revenue goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the daily sales of premium seating inventory.
- Develop and lead a skilled sales team with the goal of driving premium seating revenue.
- Create and implement short and long term sales plans.
- Mentor and assist the sales team’s efforts so that activity contributes to collective department goals.
- Work closely with Ticket Operations and Member Services team members to provide the highest level of customer service for all season ticket holders.
- Administer efficient, accurate and timely reporting mechanisms related to sales activity as well as budget pacing activity to be used by senior management.
- Create and execute events and experiential programs to maximise premium seating sales opportunities.
- Manage the development of proposals, collateral materials and multimedia resources.
- Ensure the development of qualified staff members in order to produce positive working environment and appropriately skilled employees.
- Successfully achieve established personal sales goals as provided by the Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service.
- Maintain accurate records in support of sales efforts as defined by the organisation.
- Develop and manage departmental budget goals for both revenue and operating expenses.
- Manage all premium seating inventory and communicate availability to sales team members on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ related experience working for a professional sports team required.
- Experience in the Florida marketplace preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Experience with Archtics & Ticketmaster ticket systems preferred.
- Strong understanding of MLS and international soccer a plus.
- Highly proactive, goal oriented and motivated with a positive attitude.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for providing great customer service.
- Coordinate changing priorities in a dynamic, high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Ability to present sales material to executives and potential clients with confidence.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and creatively solve day-to-day challenges.
- Extremely organised with a high attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic – must be a team player with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments/organisations over which you have no formal authority.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Power Point, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
Benefits and Perks
- Inter Miami CF offers a competitive compensation package including hourly pay, sales commissions and bonus opportunities.
- Team merch, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, free parking, and much more.