To manage and deliver professional and financially successful events at the Bonus Arena in Hull.
- To be responsible for the administrative and practical preparation of events.
- Provide promoters and event organisers with venue information, advice and manage the client through the event planning process to event delivery.
- To liaise with all internal venue departments to ensure the smooth running of events, ensuring at all times that the high standards expected at the venue are maintained.
- To act as Duty Manager as per rota. This will involve managing the front of house aspects of an event, liaising with the promoter/organiser of the event and ensuring the smooth running of events from start to finish.
- To arrange/rota staff for events in an accurate, safe and cost-efficient way and in accordance with business requirements.
- To consider and manage public safety at all times ensuring that all relevant legislation and licensing conditions are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the administration and recharging of front of house resources is accurately maintained.This will require effective and timely consultation with other relevant internal staff.
- To act as joint line manager for all casual hosting, security, and hospitality staff.
- To be a key holder for the building and assist with the emergency evacuation of the building when required.
- Ensure at all times compliance with Health & Safety regulations and to pursue any training requirements needed for specialist areas.
- To assist other departments in the sourcing of venue based activities and events.
- To support the Head of Conference and Sales in the planning and execution of events as required.
- Deliver team briefings and debriefs as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Head of Operations or General Manager.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Minimum of two years working in a similar role.
- Experience of working in an events based environment, ideally within a similar multi-purpose space with a mixed programme.
- Knowledge of the local and regional entertainment offers and venues.
- Experience of successfully working to strict time deadlines with the ability to effectively prioritise a range of tasks.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Understanding of AutoCAD and both interpreting and creating event plans.
- The ability to effectively manage own and others’ time.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure.
- Ability to achieve best practice within commercial competitive parameters.