Birmingham 2022 are looking for x4 Event Services Cluster Managers, who will be responsible for the customisation and development of each of their venue’s operational plans. identification and resolution of issues and support the building of the Event Services team including the effective onboarding and supervision of Event Services (EVS) venue workforce within the Cluster during the pre-games period and the broader Games time team.
- Plan and implement agreed EVS scope and services across a dedicated cluster of venues ensuring consistency across all EVS Games time venues with a focus on Spectator Safety and Spectator experience within the venue.
- Plan and deliver EVS resources (workforce positions, FF&E, Technology, existing and temporary EVS spaces) as per planning timelines and budget considerations.
- Establish strong working relationships with all FA’s with a focus on other service providers supporting the Spectator Client Group, such as venue management, security, transport and ticketing.
- Lead operational planning with contracted stewarding organisations and other external stakeholders.
- Supervise and develop EVS staff assigned into the cluster during the pre-games period.
- Support the recruitment, on-boarding and training of the broader EVS workforce including paid staff, volunteers and contractor workforce.
- Plan, deliver and manage agreed Test Event scope, services and resources.
- Ensure active participation and attendance at all relevant venue operational planning forums and meetings.
- Support and lead central EVS central projects as assigned.
- Develop EVS and venue based policies and procedures, EVS run daily run sheets, EVS post instructions and other operational documentation as directed as well as written and verbal reporting.
- This role will transition to become an EVS Venue Manager, positioned in the Event Control Room (ECR), during the delivery of the event.
Skills & Experience Required
- Significant experience in a similar role within event services, crowd management or venue management
- Knowledge and experience of working within the guidelines set out by the Green Guide and other UK event based legislation.
- Experience in the management of large teams with a high proportion of volunteers and/or contractor staff.
- Experience in the programme management of complex projects
- Operational planning and implementation role in Event Services or similar at previous multisport event would be an advantage, and/or experience of delivering events within a UK major sporting venue or festival environment.
- Experience in a start-up or limited lifespan environment.
- Experience in Stewarding Contractor operations and management.
- Experience in training and/or presenting to large groups.
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Spectator Safety
- SIA Licence
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.