The Broadmoor World Arena seeks a customer experience focused leader to join our team in creating memory-making moments that encourage guests and clients to return time and again. Under direction of the Division Head Event and Guest Services, this position hires, trains, and evaluates part-time Guest Services Staff to include but not limited to Guest Services Supervisors, ushers, ticket takers, door guards and security staff. This position will perform all tasks necessary in the coordination of Broadmoor World Arena and Pikes Peak Center events (both front and back of house). Candidate must be organized; detail-oriented and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be able and willing to work a varied schedule which may include nights, overnights, weekends, holidays, extended work hours and extended numbers of days.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned events at The Broadmoor World Arena and Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts.
- Communicate with event promoters, event managers, and production managers throughout all stages of events; from pre event planning throughout event execution and settlement, coordinate the requirements of each event based on the client contracts and production riders
- Determine, develop, and implement the annual part-time hiring needs and hiring process including job posting, interview questions and hiring standards.
- Develop and implement the program for training new and current P/T Guest Services Staff including Trained Crowd Manager classes and certification. Work closely with staff to ensure that we provide top quality customer service.
- Work with the Event Services Department to develop monthly schedules
- Follow up on any necessary disciplinary actions or additional training throughout the year.
- Operate as the main point of contact and coordinator for venue “tenants”
- Coordinate with operations, changeover, housekeeping, box office, catering, marketing, and technical services to insure that logistical details of each event are being delivered
- Coordinate external contract equipment and labor including but not limited to audio, lighting, backline, heavy equipment, vehicles, gases, décor, etc. and ensure timely delivery and set up
- Serve as a facility representative at events; facilitate pre and post-event walk through to assess facility condition; enforce facility policies and procedures throughout each event; identify and resolve event challenges; resolve public complaints
- Schedule and supervise back of house operations and staff including stagehands, security and conversion crew during assigned events
- Supervise and assist Front-of-House Guest Service staffing and assure that it is adjusted to balance customer service, safety and security to meet the operational and financial needs of the event
- Manage event budgets and complete settlement documents for each event
- Communicate event requirements for the scoreboard, auxiliary boards, marquee and video equipment
- Prepare written details and requirements for each event; prepare floor plans and ensure compliance with applicable fire, building, and safety codes; communicate changes before and during events
- Provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers – internal and external
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated successful history of responsibility and leadership in a similar field
- Experience working arena events
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under stressful conditions
- Trained Crowd Manager training experience a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and CAD programs
- Experience with technical theater equipment (lighting & audio) is preferred
- Experience with arena/scoreboard A/V and game day production a plus
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Event Management, Theater Management, Business Management or other related field is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing events in a theater or arena is preferred
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Use of hands to finger/handle; Use of arms to reach; climb stoop kneel crouch or crawl
- This position requires ability to see and read names from lists, diagrams, computer work and colored schematics for event set-ups. (close vision, distance vision, and color vision)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as written correspondence, safety rules, diagrams and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or members of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as settlements hours/dollars member payments, portions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with unique client related situations or staffing issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure
Work Schedule and Environment:
- As a full-time exempt employee, the work schedule must be flexible to include evenings, weekends, holidays or extended work hours when required.
- Variable Schedule – Days, Weekends, Nights, Holidays
- Most of the time moderate noise levels associated with office setting
- Occasional loud noise level when working a concert/or louder events
Apply online at broadmoorworldarena.com/connect with us/employment.