About The Role
Do you have a background in events business development and delivery? Want to work for club that is doing big things both on and off the pitch in a role full of progression? Then becoming our Events & Hospitality Manager could be just the role for you.
We are well known as the ‘”World’s Greenest Football Club” (FIFA) with a stadium that is carbon-neutral (United Nations); it’s no secret to say that FGR has a lot to offer as an event venue. Plus our internationally recognised vegan food and drink, which is often featured in the media and attracts fans from around the world.
You’ll be working as part of a small but ambitious commercial team, and be determined to take FGR’s events and hospitality activities to the next level. Primarily, you will focus on winning weekday event contracts and delivering them successfully at The New Lawn. The other part of your role will be on a match day, where you’ll be looking after the hospitality floor, which includes 200 diners and a number of private suites.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable meeting supporters, multitasking a busy workload answering a large number of inbound calls/emails, making outbound calls, as well as a whizz at things like Excel and Word. You’ll be looking to progress your career over the next 12-18 months and make a real impact in your work.
Overall Description of Duties
- Manage and build an events portfolio for clients of all sizes.
- You’ll be a great networker and be comfortable speaking with both current and prospective clients
- Work with clients to understand their event needs, as well as creating quotes for their approval
- You’ll be responsible for achieving an ambitious target and managing the events calendar
- As well as winning business, you’ll be a hands-on self-starter who can setup for events with the assistance of other team members
- Liaising internally with different members of the team, including Commercial Manager, General Manager and Head Chef, to ensure events are planned and delivered on schedule/cost
- On match days, you’ll be looking after the bustling hospitality floor, which includes VIP Dining, Black & White Lounge and private boxes, giving fans the very best experience
Behaviours and Experience
- Experience working in an events role
- Ambitious and looking to make FGR the go-to place for sustainable events
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Work well under pressure
- A full driving licence
- Ability to be flexible with working hours
- Subject to DBS Disclosure certification
You’ll be working five days per week, including home matches (varying Saturdays and occasional Tuesday evening). A day off in the week is provided in return. We will be conducting interviews on the 19th and 20th December.