The Facilities Manager will deputise for the Head of Operations. They will lead on health and safety at the stadium and the effective management and deployment of resources towards delivering stadium and operational safety contributing to a safe, effective and efficient stadium operation, which meets the needs of, clients, customers, shareholders and all end users.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Facilities Manager will hold wide reaching roles and responsibilities and will be expected to:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and codes of practice
- Carry out the role of Stadium Safety Officer on match days if required
- Deputise for the Head of Operations in their absence
- To support the Head of Operations and Safety and Security Officer in the delivery of the Stadium operation
- Deliver the highest standards of health and safety, ensuring that the stadium operates in a safe environment and all records updated as necessary, including environmental, health and security standards
- Ensure optimum deployment of staff, contractors, and other resources
- Control expenditure levels and manage budgets, reporting any anomalies to the Head of Operations
- Assist in the collation of information required to produce performance reports
- Oversee and agree contracts for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology, mail and communications and waste disposal
- Ensure fire safety requirements are met and training needs identified and carry out training where required
- Be available for the position of Stadium Safety Officer when required
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and reception and security
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, power, lighting, heating, and cooling, are well maintained
- Continuously work to increase energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness across all areas of the business
- Oversee building projects, renovations, or refurbishments
- Ensure the reception service is delivered to the highest professional standards
- Ensure 24-hour guarding is in place, used effectively and log sheets checked and actioned, as necessary
- Check electrical equipment is adequately and safely maintained
- Assist in ensuring that AV provision and maintenance meets the service requirements
- Assist in ensuring that the stadium’s ICT provision is maintained and updated
- Assist in overseeing the operation of all facilities within the stadium and the external areas
- Contribute to timely, cost effective maintenance of all internal and external facilities
- To ensure the match day delivery, both internal and external areas, meets PL/SAG/SGSA requirements
- Willingness to attend training courses including safeguarding, equality and diversity
- Demonstrate the Burnley FC values at all times.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other departments as and when required to promote best practice.
An ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in stadium management or similar role (desirable)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of leading and managing a multi-functional department at a senior level including project and event management
- Proven experience of devising, implementing, and delivering key objectives strategically as part of a multi-disciplined management team
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience, liaising and coordinating with external and internal customers to deliver results professionally, efficiently and within budget restraints
- Experience of managing and delivering CAPEX and revenue budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management experience is essential
- Strong presentation skills strong IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and prioritisation skills
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.