We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a warm Manchester welcome to over 23,000 fans and amazing artists. With innovative smart ‘bowl’ design, cutting edge visual and acoustic technology, plus 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs, we’re creating a unique space for the people of Manchester and beyond. World class, planet friendly and all in the heart of our local vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors, we’re looking for a Financial Controller who is fully qualified along with excellent communication and a positive can do attitude.
What’s great about this role is it’s a role of two halves. The first 12 months will be working closely with the Finance Director to set up and mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK. Once open, the role will be more operational ensuring financial reporting, controls and compliance, working closely with the teams to report on our event by event successes and long term planning.
The role is a hands on position with full exposure to the day to day finance function. You will have the opportunity to put your own stamp on the role and identify future development areas and be a key person in supporting the growth of the business.
- Support the transfer of finance reporting from the US
- Get stuck in, develop and implement new finance processes and accounting systems
- Develop month end, event flash reporting and financial planning and analysis
- Work in partnership with our payroll provider to ensure our teams pay is accurate and timely
- Manage accounts payable activities and accounts receivable activities
- Produce month end management accounts and quarterly bank compliance reporting
- Manage balance sheet accounts and monthly reconciliations
- Lead on the audit process working with the company auditors to ensure on time audit completion with full compliance
- Support and develop finance projects such as testing finance systems and other system interfaces and documenting processes
- Support on the creation and management of all ad hoc financial reporting including event day, Ticketmaster and CRM reporting
- Lead and manage a small finance team focused on financial performance management and accurate timely reporting
What Co-op Live will give to you
Alongside the benefit of working with an awesome team of talented people, we want to help you get the best out of your work and have a work life balance.
- Provide you with development opportunities and regular one to ones
- Key objectives for you to succeed in your role
- Your general wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds, we understand the importance of balancing work and personal commitments
- This is an office base role, it’s really important we work together to mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 plus bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension scheme
- Private Health Care scheme – Vitality
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family 24hrs, 7 days per week when you need the service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Office fruit & snacks
- Team social events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience of management accounts, financial reporting and business planning
Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel user with experience of creating and managing finance models
- A leader, who can influence and inspire others
- A people manager, putting people first and supporting others
- An infectious can-do approach & confident to challenge the norm
- Results focused, driving exceptional results through your team and others
- Strong relationship building experience
- A team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Understanding of entertainment / stadia /arena security and crowd management
- Oracle net suite or Tipalti experience
- Experience of system user testing and process documentation
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.