The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Reporting into the CFO, this role has responsibility and accountability for:
- Financial Reporting, Treasury, Internal Audit, Tax, Payroll and Financial Operations (Accounts Receivable and Payable);
- Maintaining and improving the overall control environment ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operational and financial management;
- Leading and managing change to improve existing systems, processes and controls;
- Business owner of the financial reporting systems; and providing support to the Group CFO where appropriate.
- Qualified accountant with appropriate technical skills, and up to date with relevant best practice and legislation.
- Previous experience of financial control work.
- Significant experience operating at a senior level, including board exposure.
- Experience building, leading and managing a team, delivering high standards of performance.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.