Directly responsible for growth, profitability and effectively managing all day-to-day aspects of the concessions and warehouse operation at Aztec Stadium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DEPENDING ON LOCATION:
(NOTE: The duties listed below are examples of the variety and general nature of those performed by employees in this job description. The list is descriptive only and should not be used for any other purpose. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of a position at any time. Incumbents are frequently cross-trained and may perform any combination of the following duties/responsibilities. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.)
- Oversees the daily concessions and warehouse operation at Aztec Stadium.
- Understands all menus, product offerings, packaging, and pricing.
- Manages daily unit operations to ensure that proper procedures and guidelines are in place and followed for provision of quality products and services.
- Establishes and maintains food quality/production/cost control standards and maintains procedures and methods to ensure compliance with standards.
- Implements operational plans to achieve profit and growth goals. Monitors unit expenditures.
- Formulates pricing policies/strategies of menu items according to requirements for profitability of concessions operations.
- Ensure proper cleanliness, repair and maintenance of foodservice equipment.
- Working knowledge of POS and inventory software
- Ensure concessions and warehouse associates have the tools and supplies necessary to complete their jobs.
- Works closely with multiple branded partners/third party vendors to ensure all needs are met, and terms of contract are followed.
- Monitors and ensures compliance for proper inspections, handling, and storage for all inventories of food, supplies, linens, and equipment; establishes security/internal controls and sanitation. Ensures all unit audit results score “meets standards” or better.
- Responsible for ensuring proper alcohol sales and service regulations are in compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring continued compliance with all local, state, and federal health, safety and employment laws and regulations.
STAFFING & DEVELOPMENT
- Carries out leadership and supervisory responsibilities with a positive and professional approach in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Provides supervision, leadership, training, and development of staff including but not limited to senior concession manager, assistant concession manager, concession supervisors, stand leads and student foodservice employees.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, development, and evaluation of managerial, full-time, and part-time staff to include Food Handlers training for all new SDSU Aztec Stadium employees.
- Completes, maintains ServSafe Alcohol training
- Optimizes staff productivity.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with customers, coworkers, vendors, student organizations, faculty, staff, Spectra management and University personnel.
- Researches, formulates, and recommends new or upgraded policies and procedures.
- Completes and maintains ServSafe Managers certification.
- Experience with non-profit groups and recruitment.
- Radiates a positive attitude with all guests that will be infectious and followed by managers/supervisors and other staff
- Develops operational strategies to address customer survey results and feedback.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service and responds and assists in any departmental guest service issue.
- Researches, formulates, and recommends new or upgraded policies and procedures.
- Maintains a consistent presence within concession spaces.
- Prepares budgets and financial reports for all concessions/warehouse in conjunction with Executive General Manager.
- Prepares financial projections and forecasts cost/benefits for new projects.
- Manage the process for ordering and maintaining all inventories for food and beverage, maintain cost control efforts for labor and waste management.
- Maintains event history, per capita and usage reports for the year.
- Oversees execution of required daily reporting and completion of required department reports.
- Reviews all instances of overages and shortages ensuring proper investigation and documentation has taken place.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The minimum requirement for applicants is a bachelor’s degree, preferably Food Services Management or Business Administration from an accredited college or university with a strong, demonstrated background in management, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 – 7 years’ management experience in the high-volume foodservice industry, preferably in concessions environment for a sports and entertainment venue. Strong communications, time management, computer literacy, and proven leadership skills are required. Strong financial skills, and 3 – 5 years’ experience in preparation and analysis of financial P&L’s and budgeting. Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Serve Safe Certified and Management Food Handler Certificate required. Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
(ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to read, write and understand English. Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines, and objectives.
Requires the ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business information, governmental regulations, and technical/trade journals. Requires the ability to write reports and communicate effectively using telephonic, written, and electronic means. Requires the ability to effectively and respectfully present information one-on-one, small, and large group situations to customers, management, and employees of the organization.
Requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as probability and statistical inference. Requires the ability to prepare and analyze numerical figures, create, and interpret spreadsheets. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to read and interpret financial data.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and develop solutions/strategies. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information or instructions with several undefined and some concrete variables. Requires good analytical, quantitative skills, organizational and management skills.
Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to utilize a computer. Requires the ability to use a variety of office machines and equipment.
Must be physically able to operate food service equipment (to include but not limited to) slicers, mixers, knives, ovens, and steamers and office equipment such as computers, copy machines, and facsimile machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; keypad or papers, book and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk. Must be able to move, lift or carry heavy objects or materials up to 50 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral visions, distance vision, and color vision for extensive reading and interpretation of reports and documents.
Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words) and hear (perceiving sounds of nature by ear).
WORK CONDITIONS AND HAZARDS:
Work is regularly performed in a traditional office setting with occasional travel to work site for project management and inspections. There may be exposure to food fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to humid and hot conditions as well as cleaning chemicals.
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION:
A background check must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a full-time, part-time non-student, or sensitive student position with Aztec Shops Ltd. Background checks will include, at minimum, verification of education and employment histories, criminal records, national sex offender registry check, and references. Additionally, based on the nature and scope of the position, the background check may also include a credit report, motor vehicle report, and verification of professional licenses. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Aztec Shops employees who apply for the position. Aztec Shops Ltd. complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including fair employment practices and equal employment opportunity, when conducting background checks.