The role is to lead the Entertainment and Corporate Events Department by defining the ‘go to market’ strategy, recruiting a professional, experienced and passionate team, and building a precinct-wide, year round, diverse and profitable events business across the entertainment, business event and precinct activation/casual leasing verticals. Additionally, cultivate and drive a culture of outstanding account management, working closely with various internal departments to safely deliver quality events and maximise repeat business. This person needs to be a genuinely positive team member who is passionate about both results and inspiring people to be their best.
- Responsible for securing live entertainment, functions, banquets and other MICE events for venues at the precinct, particularly at a regional (GBA) and local (HK) level
- Passionate about the events industry with international experience, an eye for detail, a devotion to world class entertainment and an unwavering commitment to customer service
- Build the reputation and ensure that the regional and international community continue to view Kai Tak Sports Park as a destination, a place of world class entertainment.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review strategies, systems, programs, policies and procedures related to all aspects of the entertainment, business events, and precinct activation/casual leasing verticals, ensuring legislative requirements are met and KTSP’s culture and business needs are properly reflected
- Manage, execute and oversee the recruitment and on-boarding strategy of individuals within the team, working collaboratively with all departments, providing guidance and assistance as needed
- Implement and be responsible for the department’s market offerings (pricing, product, service delivery, promotion),ensuring that our perception in the marketplace is world class and that all agreed commercial targets are achieved
- Ensure that all related internal divisions are fully aware of our ‘service promises’ and that they are fully comfortable with all external client commitments
- In consultation with the Director – Commercial, ensure that all internal departmental requirements are met i.e. commercial, ICT, operations, event reporting, event de-briefs
- Represent KTSP at industry meetings, conferences, exhibitions and other events as required
- Responsible for the development and management of annual budget as they related to entertainment and corporate events
- Bachelor of Business, Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in a similar management role
- Track record of possessing strong technical proficiency across all areas of new business development, account management, communications and people management
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast changing environment and moving timelines in a project start up
- Network of existing relationships with local and regional promoters and event owners
- While experience in Asia is preferred, international experience will be highly regarded
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, a commitment to professional presentation, ethical practices and flexibility in the workplace
- Well organized with an ability to work independently using own initiative and creativity
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in challenging circumstances
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Good command of the English language, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Chinese language
About the venue
Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd. (KTSPL) has been awarded the contract for the design, build, construction and operation of the Kai Tak Sports Park.
With an area of around 28 hectares, Kai Tak Sports Park anchors the redevelopment of the former airport site, and offers a world class destination for all interests.
Once completed, Kai Tak Sports Park will be the most important sports infrastructure development in Hong Kong, and will help achieve three broad objectives – to promote sports in the community, to support elite sports and to make Hong Kong a hub for major international sports events.
Kai Tak Sports Park will provide venues for international competitions and large-scale sports events, quality public sports facilities, a leisure park, retail and dining outlets, and a wellness centre for the enjoyment of athletes and the general public. In addition to hosting a wide range of top-level sports events, Kai Tak Sports Park helps address the demand for venues to hold entertainment and other large scale community events.