The General Manager – Food & Beverage shall lead all aspects of venue and event catering, including all pre-operations tasks and activities as they relate to food and beverage. The General Manager – Food & Beverage will ensure the successful establishment and delivery of the food and beverage operation at Kai Tak Sports Park venues and will be the key relationship manager with any third-party catering partners and suppliers.
- Delivery of a comprehensive food and beverage programme that delivers memorable food and beverage experiences of an international standard with local influences
- Liaise with the design team and contractor in design charrettes and other meetings to provide advice on the overall design and fit out of all food and beverage facilities
- Develop and deliver food and beverage concepts for concessions, vending, corporate suites, functions, banquets, corporate events, backstage and staff dining across the venues as well as the potential private club house in the Main Stadium
- Develop innovative strategies to maximise catering revenue and yield
- Provide strategic direction for the marketing and promotion of the KTSP catering services e.g. banquets, functions, club house
- Work with third-party partners and providers to ensure the overall food and beverage strategy for Kai Tak SportsPark is cohesive and aligned between directly managed areas in the event venues and leased spaces in the retail areas of Kai Tak Sports Park
- Prepare comprehensive plans to ensure the operation will adhere to and surpass health and safety standards and deliver the quality of catering services required (HACCP)
- Work closely with the Facilities Management team to input into the creation of the Sustainability Plan and Waste Management Plan
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team and ICT Department, implement systems related to venue and event catering such as but not limited to POS, catering management, and food safety
- Assume budget responsibility for the venues and events catering operation across the precinct, and any other food and beverage facilities as directed
- Develop, implement and periodically review policies and procedures relative to catering operations
- Lead, coach and motivate the F&B team to develop and foster customer and client centric attitude
- Bachelor degree in management or related field
- Preferably qualifications in a culinary or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior food and beverage management role
- Experience in delivering food and beverage to large sports, entertainment, convention or multi-purpose venues, or resort type environment
- Experience in world cuisines, particularly western and asian
- Proven managerial abilities in people management, strategic planning and decision making
- Can lead from the front and comfortable with a ‘hands-on’ approach when needed
- Strong communication, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Highly motivated with innovative and creative mind
- Positive attitude towards challenge, independent & ability to work under pressure
- Willing to work for flexible duty hours
- Good command of the English language, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Chinese language would be advantageous
About the venue
Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd. (KTSPL) has been awarded the contract for the design, build, construction and operation of the Kai Tak Sports Park.
With an area of around 28 hectares, Kai Tak Sports Park anchors the redevelopment of the former airport site, and offers a world class destination for all interests.
Once completed, Kai Tak Sports Park will be the most important sports infrastructure development in Hong Kong, and will help achieve three broad objectives – to promote sports in the community, to support elite sports and to make Hong Kong a hub for major international sports events.
Kai Tak Sports Park will provide venues for international competitions and large-scale sports events, quality public sports facilities, a leisure park, retail and dining outlets, and a wellness centre for the enjoyment of athletes and the general public. In addition to hosting a wide range of top-level sports events, Kai Tak Sports Park helps address the demand for venues to hold entertainment and other large scale community events.