Levy is the vibrant and exciting sector of Compass Group, the world’s largest catering company. We work at some of the greatest venues in the world, delivering legendary experiences in food, drink, and hospitality.
We are culinary champions – it’s what we do and it’s what we are passionate about. At the core of our work is the belief that sustainably sourced great food and drink, coupled with exceptional service is key to creating legendary experiences.
Focussed on ‘doing the right thing’ for our people and the planet, sustainability, wellbeing, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of what we do.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium marks a new generation in stadia design: A stadium offering an unparalleled experience for all 62,303 fans whilst holding community at its heart. Its design has created the most intense and atmospheric place to watch sporting and music entertainment whilst offering a significantly enhanced F&B offering.
It’s all about taking full accountability for a great food and beverage operation, to match the venues ambition, brand specifications and standards.
A high-profile opportunity for a dynamic senior and inspirational hospitality professional, experienced in food and beverage delivery. We seek a real ‘people person’ and ‘foodie’, with rounded leadership skills and a focus on delivering consistency of quality and innovation to keep evolving the offering. Responsible for developing and delivering an exceptional food and guest experience. Critical to the success and reputation of the food and beverage operation is the leadership, selection, development, and retention of a well-trained team, of both fixed and variable team members.
The General Manager of operations will work closely with the senior leadership team to qualify requirements and align closely with the venues brand vision, values, culture, and processes to enable the development and delivery of the food and drink strategy, driving changes to continually evolve and improve guest experience.
This is not a role for someone who wants to preserve the status quo, but if you have a passion for food and service, underpinned by evidence of the delivery of fresh ideas and operational excellence then you and the venue will shine.
You will be fully commercially accountable, working with the Finance Manager to deliver accurate and timely forecasts and budgets, taking control of all operating costs, and continually analysing key performance data to identify opportunities for growth.
Working with support teams within the wider Levy UK&I family, you will focus on continuous development and improvement, enhancing the guest experience, and increasing the commercial benefit to all partners.
- Collaboration – Frequent liaison with our venue and senior leadership team to agree strategy and direction of travel, developing and monitoring tactical plans to deliver.
- Structured Approach – ensure that all activities have a clear purpose and measurable outcomes, with a disciplined and pacey approach to completion, including the review and application of lessons learnt.
- External landscape – keep abreast of competitor activity and market trends which may impact your operation and make suggestions to evolve to ensure you keep ahead of the curve and at the forefront of the industry.
- Projects – strong focus on collaboration with the venue team, Levy stakeholders and contractors to plan and deliver various capex and innovation projects.
- Ownership of the day-to-day delivery of consistent and exceptional product quality and service standards to achieve and ideally exceed department targets and grow our reputation for delivery legendary experiences.
- Hospitality – Drive our guest focus culture through consistently demonstrating an in-depth knowledge and appreciation of hospitality standards and venue needs, that is infectious throughout your team.
- Innovation – Close and detailed liaison with our venue, premium area key partners and BUILT by Levy to plan and deliver innovative solution to enhance guest experience and deliver operational efficiency.
- Consistency – Regular monitoring and development of each department to ensure that food quality, presentation, staffing reviews and consistent standards are maintained according to our Levy signature culture.
- Monitor and maintain the Health and Safety policy, process, and culture across the venue.
- Brand – Operate and further develop consistently high brand standards within each area.
- Communications – Directly liaise with venue representatives and your Team Managers to ensure that communication and expectations are clear. Use structured, regular, and consistent meetings as a key tool.
- Guest Focus – Champion the guest focused culture, continually sharing and acting on venue and customer feedback.
- Health & Safety – Lead the H&S culture and compliance across the venue.
- Appoint, lead, and manage the operational permanent team to ensure consistent and effective operational delivery.
- Culture – Work closely with the management team to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, focused on great food and hospitality.
- Review and Develop – Conduct regular performance reviews and talent management / succession planning activity, based on agreed and measurable GPI’s as part the Growth Performance Strategy (GPS).
- Oversee and drive the training plan and activity with your Heads of Departments
- Communications – ensure effective team communication flows (in all directions) throughout the venue.
- Reward and recognise – Recognise and celebrate success.
- HR compliance – work closely with the HR team and HOD’s to ensure complete and consistently effective adherence to all legal obligations.
Financial & Business Development:
- Financially accountable for all costs and profitability of the operation, actively working with the Finance Manager to deliver accurate and timely forecasts, budgets, and P&L’s
- Cost Management – Be in control of all operating costs, constantly looking for more efficient ways to operate.
- Data focus – Utilise data modelling to monitor, challenge and drive systematic change, by driving efficiency and growth within the stadium.
- Key analytics – frequent review of Growth Performance Scores to identify opportunities for growth/ remedial actions, with tactical plans in place to address.
- Commerciality – ensure competent levels of commercial understanding and awareness through Line Managers and their teams.
- Product development – Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous product development and drive increased spend per transaction.
- A naturally confident leader, with senior management experience to inspire large operational teams to deliver results – min 5 years’ experience at F & B senior level.
- Confidently able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets and business functions.
- Senior management presence to engage with Venue team, peers, and functional specialists.
- Passionate about people – building and developing teams.
- Positive and passionate focus on food – a natural flare for hospitality.
- Experienced in leading the implementation of projects and change programmes.
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills – able to influence all stakeholder levels.
- Experience of working with a client group.
- Previous P&L accountability and evidence of commercial nous.
- Exudes confidence, energy, and charisma.
- Can effectively switch between being the leader and a team player according to the situation at hand.
- Structured approach but also demonstrates flexibility and agility.
- Calm and resilient. Not deterred by an’ unforeseen challenge’
- Problem solving skills.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as required.