Description of the Position:
The Miami HEAT are looking for a passionate, committed, energetic leader to train and lead the direct activities of the Group Sales Department. This person will lead the Group Sales team efforts for the Miami Heat and will be responsible for maximizing group ticket sales and profitability. Essential Functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Hire, train and manage staff of Group Sales representatives.
- Coordinate programs that will maximize group ticket sales including, but not limited to, school organizations, corporate groups and special interest groups.
- Maintain and optimize the company’s customer database.
- Provide sales training and reinforce sales techniques daily.
- Monitor growth of individual sales representatives & provide guidance to maximize individual production.
- Create a strong culture consistent with the values of the HEAT Group within the Group Sales Department, to ensure a productive work environment.
- Implement strategies to effectively track individual and department sales efforts.
- Oversee and administer the Group Sales Department budget.
- Work with Director, Sales to establish weekly, monthly, and annual goals.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and Holidays as needed.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University. Three years experience in professional sports in Group Sales. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.