We have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Grounds Person to lead our Stadium team at Craven Cottage. Reporting to our Operations & Venue Director you will be responsible for managing & maintaining the playing surface at Craven Cottage to the highest standards.
You will play an instrumental role in ensuring the efficient use of all resources and be proactive in making improvement recommendations for the best use of these resources. You will be responsible for gathering and recording information to develop trend data and analyse past & present usage; in order to do this accurately you will be expected to develop and maintain a suitable information and reporting system which references industry standard tests, facility usage, weather, maintenance, equipment, materials and workforce.
You will have previous experience of working within elite sport and be qualified to at least NVQ L3 standard in Amenity Horticulture and Sports Turf Maintenance. You will also hold your PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates.
Your responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
- Preparation and maintenance of the pitch to the required standard with a focus on quality and presentation;
- Working within the allocated budget to ensure operation and capital expenditures are used efficiently;
- Manage, maintain & check facilities, plant, buildings and equipment to ensure safety and effectiveness;
- Conduct risk assessments and develop contingency plans in order to respond to emergencies; and
- Working with suppliers to ensure the correct products are procured at competitive rates.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to persuade and influence others to achieve the desired results. Previous people management experience is essential as is the ability to be able to motivate and develop the individuals within your team.
A driving licence is essential for this position.
If you can add Value to our Team please complete the FFC application form and submit your CV to: [email protected]amfc.com