The Head of Culinary role is a key leadership position ensuring the food production and end- product at both Queensland Country Bank and Cbus Super Stadium events meets the highest possible Pandanus standards and exceed customer expectations.
Drawing on resources and expertise, this role will plan and successfully deliver all facets of the kitchen and logistical operation in order to provide contracted hospitality services, achieve financial goals and ensure high-end customer service is delivered.
The fundamental key driver to the success of this role is the development of a high-performance team, through training and ongoing management, which results in ongoing timely delivery of all services in accordance with budget expectations. A detailed understanding of all aspects of the kitchen and logistical process is essential to the role. A key component of this role will be to build and maintain successful relationships within both Stadium locations, clients and departmental managers.
- Working in a leadership capacity with full responsibility for the daily management of the department
- Provide a high level of leadership and promote a team-oriented approach
- Innovate to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure all business-related administration is undertaken in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain a high level of accountability and compliance with all Spotless processes, procedures and deadlines
Food Quality & Food Philosophy
- Set and maintain standards for quality food production and service, ensuring all staff members work to these standards
- Manage the development of creative and innovative menus that sit with current food trends and the food philosophy with balanced flavours and attention to detail.
- Prepare and change all menus within allocated time frames and in accordance with the menu guidelines.
- Ensure the Pandanus food philosophy is always adhered to and promote the philosophy amongst our staff, clients and stakeholders where and when appropriate.
- Ensure that all food is uncompromised, and prepared and delivered at minimum to the Pandanus quality standard.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders, fostering an environment of team work and trust.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments to maximise labour productivity and customer service outcomes.
- Active preparation and participation in meetings and other activities
- Appropriate consultation with team members and colleagues
- Respond in a positive and timely manner to all requests
- Actively seek ways to enhance performance, quality of customer service and quality of staffing pool.
- Remain abreast of current conditions and issues within the Pandanus business and the broader marketplace to ensure contemporary and relevant service and approaches.
- Suppliers are to be met with on occasions to build solid relationships to ensure we get the best seasonal produce available so move above and beyond with our food philosophy.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Sound food, food safety and OH&S knowledge at highly regarded venues
- Experience in dealing with high volume and tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of local and interstate suppliers
- Confidence and experience in leadership
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi task
- Strong IT skills
- Experience in dealing with media and at social events