Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our state of the art leisure facility – Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
The charity is now looking to recruit to the role of Head of Facilities.
This is an exciting and varied role where the successful candidate will provide robust strategic and operational leadership across the three facility sites owned by Burnley FC in the Community, namely – Leisure Box, Whitehough Educational Centre and the Community Kitchen & Foodbank. The Head of Facilities role is a key role in the senior management structure of the Charity.
We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
The Head of Facilities will be expected to:
- Work with the CEO to develop a strategy for each facility to ensure maximum usage.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and codes of practice.
- Deliver the highest standards of Health & Safety ensuring all facilities are operating in a safe environment and all records updated as necessary, including environmental, health and security standards.
- Ensure optimum deployment of staff, contractors, and other resources.
- Control expenditure levels and manage budgets, reporting any anomalies to the CEO.
- Assist in the collation of information required to produce performance reports.
- Oversee and agree contracts for services including security, cleaning, catering, technology, booking systems and waste disposal.
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds, reception and security.
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, power, lighting, heating, and cooling, are well-maintained.
- Continuously work to increase energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness across all areas of the business.
- Oversee building projects, renovations, or refurbishments.
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- To ensure Fire Safety requirements are met and training needs identified and carry out training where required.
- To ensure the reception and booking services are delivered to the highest professional standards.
- To complete and submit Health and Safety Audits.
- To ensure all Risk Assessments are completed and updated as required.
- To establish and deliver a maintenance programme that adheres to the Health & Safety requirements of the business.
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken to ensure the security and safety of the buildings, staff, and all other resources.
- To ensure the delivery of a professional and customer focused action plan that meets the needs of all end users.
- To contribute in monitoring, leading, and directing staff within the service to ensure they maintain an acceptable level of performance and to develop a team culture.
- Participate in the staff recruitment and selection process.
- To participate in actively minimising the use of casual or additional staff hours unless absolutely necessary.
- To contribute to the production of a staff Rota to cover work requirements.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Burnley FC in the Community.
- Willingness to attend training courses including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
- Demonstrate Burnley FC in the Community’s values at all times.
An ideal candidate will be have;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Multi-Site Facilities Management or similar role desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of leading and managing a multi-functional department at a senior level including project and event management.
- Proven experience of devising, implementing, and delivering key objectives strategically as part of a multi-disciplined management team.
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience, liaising and coordinating with external and internal customers to deliver results professionally, efficiently and within budget restraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management experience is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to manage change and stakeholders.
- NEBOSH qualification desirable or alternative H&S qualification.
- Knowledge of budgets.
- Ability to proactively manage contractors.
- Ability to drive a vision and plan for facilities management and operations.
- Ability to train staff on Health and Safety and best practice.
Further details and how to apply
Please apply downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website and returning to [email protected] Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at [email protected] or 01282 446800.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
- Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
- This advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.