Head of Hospitality
Co-op Live Published 1 week ago
We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a food and beverage hospitality service that will put us head and shoulders above the crowd, as we welcome over 23,500 fans and amazing artists to taste the delicious food and drinks unique to the space in Manchester.
With 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs – we’re going to be delivering an exceptional hospitality service for the people of Manchester and beyond. On the menu will be great food, seasoned with world class service and all with a planet friendly vibe in the heart of our vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors in the next 12 months, we’re looking for a Head of Hospitality to deliver the most incredible premium hospitality food & beverage experience. Led by you with the support of a truly engaged and inspired team you will offer the ultimate fan experience.
This is a two-phase role: the first year will be focused on building and inspiring the team and mobilising the UK’s most exciting entertainment venue. Once opened, the focus switches to leading the day-to-day operations and showcasing Co-op Live at what we will do best, delivering a first class memorable hospitality food and beverage experience.
- Work in partnership with the AGM to plan and build a world class team across the multiple premium and exclusive food and beverage concepts
- Make sure the right people are in the right places and the retail concepts are fully staffed on event days, managing resources, scheduling requirements, and getting stuck in with your team
- Coach and mentor, your team allowing everyone to fulfil their potential and encourage opportunities for progression
- Know what exceptional service looks and feels like, working in partnership with the Training Manager to deliver the best-in-class training plan include, but not limited to, hospitality & customer service, risk assessments and liquor licensing
- Be flexible and prepared to challenge the norm and adapt to exceed the expectations of our fans through exceptional service
- Know your budget, manage operating costs, factor in potential costs and support with analysis of revenue and costs and suggest and/or implement improvements
- Work in partnership with the GM & AGM, assisting with developing processes and project planning for pre-opening of the venue
- Proactive planning of premium F&B operations for all event and non-event days to ensure a seamless, well executed operation
- To champion, lead on and comply with all health and safety regulations and safe working practice, stock rotation, cleaning procedures and PAR stock levels
- Lead weekly meeting and attend management meetings with a ‘how can we do it’ approach driving effective agenda item outcomes to drive forward retail F&B business performance
- Deliver the highest quality food and beverage services, which sets the bar to our competitors and an exceptional experience to our fans
- Build strong, positive relationships internally to understand the footfall in the arena and co-ordinate the operation of the concession concepts
- Be creative in showcasing Co-op Live as a destination of choice for exclusive hires, conferences, and private events
- To have a genuine passion for creating a planet friendly space, processes and procedures challenging the norm, driving positive change to help us reach out target of carbon neutral by 2038.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Demonstrate outstanding experience of planning, mobilising and overseeing hospitality food and beverage operations in a stadium, events arena, festival environment or equivalent fast-paced multi-concept volume-led environment
- Basic Food Hygiene qualification with Allergen Awareness training
- COSHH awareness training
- Working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards for a venue concession and premium service
- A great leader, who can influence and inspire others
- A brilliant people manager, putting people first and supporting others
- Thrive when its buzzing and show resilience, taking control, making decisions, and leading from the front
- A team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Build and develop a team and culture which is focused on delivering the very highest standards of customer service
- An infectious can-do approach
- Commercially astute, strong problem solver with sound financial management skills
- knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems and timekeeping systems
- Results focused, driving exceptional results through your team and others
- Passion for hospitality F&B and for delivering exceptional food and service
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational and project management skills
- Know your audience, analyse feedback and continuously look for ways to improve the fan experience
- The role will be a key managerial role for all key concerts, sporting events and private hires
- Personal Licence holder
- Knowledge of Manchester’s culture, people and F&B scene.
Up to £65,000 plus benefits
Our Inclusion Commitments
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.