Sunderland AFC has an opportunity for a Head of Marketing to enhance the relationship of the club with the community, supporters and local businesses in an exciting new era under ambitious new ownership.
The successful applicant will design, implement and manage the full life cycle of marketing strategies including all digital initiatives.
SAFC are embarking on a new era with a new ownership group. The strategy is based on building a sustainable long-term business that maximises the investment in the football operations. Generating profitable revenue is fundamental to this plan.
The club is an integral part of the community with close links with the Foundation of Light, Sunderland City Council and University of Sunderland. The club will succeed best through close collaboration between all local stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the role will lead all of the activities of the club to position the club to generate profitable revenue.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Developing and implementing Marketing strategies and campaigns for the club to maximise sales opportunities across all departments (including Sponsorship, Retail, Hospitality, Events, Ticketing).
- Specific attention on maximising the opportunities from the existing extensive social media presence to ensure the club presence is global as well as national.
- Establishing and maintaining a relationship map for the club and maximising relationships and revenue streams with current commercial partners as well as securing new relationships
- Ensuring that relationships with all commercial partners of SAFC are successfully maintained through regular networking and all are consistent with the values and identity of the club
- Developing and managing a holistic membership / loyalty scheme with the aim of driving up revenues across all areas
- Provide the Executive team with in-depth marketing analysis based on CRM data and external social media analytic tools to ensure the best-informed sales and marketing decisions are made
- Preparing monthly written reports on marketing activities and projections based on agreed performance indicators
- Developing and maintaining an effective Website and App
- Working alongside the Head of Operations to ensure the marketing focus aligns with all non-digital revenue streams
- Working alongside the Head of Media to ensure alignment of core messages with sales and marketing campaigns. This will include deriving value from digital / social media.