To maximise the Arena’s planned sales growth by researching, developing and optimising the successful conclusion of hospitality and VIP package enquires, particularly in the local business community. To effectively handle incoming enquiries, bringing these to a successful conclusion as well as pro-actively initiating new business leads.
- Work closely and in partnership with the Head of Conference and Event Sales, and Sales Executive (Conference and Events).
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new clients and ambassadors to bring new business to the Arena.
- Account manage sponsorship partners and hospitality package clients.
- Work closely with the Operations Department and Food and Beverage Department to ensure the smooth service, delivery and development of the VIP and hospitality areas.
- Assist with the organisation and running of familiarisation trips of the Arena, inviting potential clients to view the facilities providing them with a better insight in to what the Arena can offer.
- Attend to incoming customer enquiries (by telephone, email, and digital) promptly and effectively.
- Produce fully costed proposals for future hospitality packages business, progressing to client meeting/site visit and eventually contractual stage. Monitor the progress of sales enquiries and chase contracts to conclusion, ensuring that sales procedures are adhered to.
- Input and utilise data into the Arena’s event planning and CRM systems, for the effective management of client data and events at the Arena.
- To develop contracted business over a 12 month period in line with the agreed overall sales team budget and target.
- To work as Duty Manager for events as and when required.
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the company.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Knowledge of the local and regional business community and economy
- Knowledge and understanding of popular culture including music, comedy, sport and entertainment
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT and presentation skills
- Minimum of two years working in a customer facing role, preferably involving hospitality and customer service
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy events and venue setting
- A good track record of achieving targets
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Sales Executive (Hospitality) will be required to work at other venues operated by SMG.