Every year, the Los Angeles Rams bring together millions of fans across the country and around the world as we play for the chance to be named the best team in the NFL. Yet, the Los Angeles Rams are about much more than just football. As an organization, we strive to make our city better by connecting people through sport, both on and off the field. With the return to Los Angeles in 2016, the opening of SoFi Stadium in 2021, and the recent journey of becoming Super Bowl World Champions in 2022, the Rams are at an exciting stage of growth and are looking for passionate individuals looking to participate in and contribute to the next phase of our business.
The Los Angeles Rams is seeking an experienced sales partner and leader with demonstrated success managing established, emerging and new Media & Entertainment partnerships. The M&E Industry Director will act as a higher-level individual contributor yet leader of the category, helping to identify and create new strategies for Media & Entertainment business. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for their partners. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success, dealing with ambiguity and a growing team, successfully managing partnerships and problem-solving internally and externally. Candidates will need to have a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem and extensive experience selling digital marketing solutions to the Media & Entertainment categories.
- Lead and be accountable for season-long annual revenue goals, pipeline management and growth goals across a diversified book of business
- Develop a deep understanding of the Entertainment categories including the ability to maintain relationships with clients from VPs through the C-suite
- Play the lead role in developing the holistic business for Entertainment by owning vertical work-streams and/or strategic pillars of success
- Manage a list of growing Media & Entertainment partnerships with unlimited potential
- Individual contributor yet strategic thinker driving long-term opportunities while working on short-term sales strategies
- Self-starter who likes to develop and build partner opportunities from the ground up
- Flexible and nimble to work within an everchanging and ever-growing environment
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Operations, Partnership Marketing, Partnership Strategy, Media & Rams Studios (Content), Analytics, Community, Suites/Ticketing, Merchandise, Comms and more to optimize our client efforts
- Consult with Content, Marketing, Media & Product Development to help shape product development in support of client needs
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of the Los Angeles Rams to clients for both B2C and B2B marketing
- Identify winning strategies and scale the insights throughout the Media & Entertainment vertical
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing opportunities for new approaches
- Develop and implement best practices for client interaction, sales and services, including a good understanding of working with M&E advertisers and agencies
- Communicates strategic information and context from the company and organization to the team, peers, and partners to be successful
- Add value to our Partnership team strengths, skills and motivations, and adjust style to match the needs of xfn partners.
- Participate in building culture within the growing Partnerships team and at the Los Angeles Rams in general where differences with a focus on internal community and driving inclusion
- Show care by understanding what matters most to people you collaborate with and external partners, recognizing people for their contributions
- Exemplify what it means to be an expert driving an industry forward within an NFL club
- Demonstrates experience communicating important updates with context across the teams, internal xfn partners and clients
- Bachelors Degree required
- 6-8 years of experience with sales or marketing
- 5 or more years of experience with digital media
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Demonstrates experience using sales decks and advertising data to craft media strategy & narrative
- Knowledge and expertise in M&E industries (film. TV, streaming, publishing, sports gaming)
- Storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to clients
- Communication and presentation experience with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into partner value
- Experience building relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies
- Creative thinker and sales product development experience
The Los Angeles Rams are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to create a sense of belonging for all employees by fostering a culture of respect and inclusion, empowering everyone to be their true selves.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6-8 years of experience with sales or marketing
5 or more years of experience with digital media