McLaren Racing was founded by New Zealand racing driver Bruce McLaren in 1963. The team entered its first Formula 1 race in 1966, since then McLaren has won 20 Formula 1 world championships, more than 180 Formula 1 grands prix, the Le Mans 24 Hours at its first attempt and the Indianapolis 500 three times.
About Marketing Strategy:
The role of McLaren’s Marketing Strategy team is to harness insights from across McLaren’s data sources to support drive the effectiveness of McLaren’s partner prospecting, fan marketing and key strategic initiatives.
About the role
The primary role of the Senior Executive, Marketing Strategy is to help grow McLaren’s commercial partnerships by leading the development of compelling, creative and insight-driven new business pitches and proposals. As part of the role you will also support the team across a variety of strategic projects that deepen McLaren’s fanbase understanding and drive the performance of McLaren’s marketing activity.
- Lead in the delivery of partnership sales materials
- Support the team with additional fan marketing and strategic initiatives
- Creativity & Ideation: Ability to translate strategic insight into compelling, creative and insight-driven narratives for new business pitches, partnership upsells and renewals.
- Research & Strategy: Identify partner brand and sector insights to inform and develop strategies that help to grow McLaren Racing’s commercial partnerships.
- Data & Insights: Identify actionable insights from across McLaren’s data sources to support and drive the effectiveness of McLaren’s marketing activity.
- Project Management: Ability to work cross departmental and cross group to ensure smooth delivery of sales materials within project timelines.
- Cross Department Effectiveness: Responsible for reviewing, updating and distributing McLaren’s sales and commercial materials to relevant departments.
- New Marketing Platforms: Support the development of new platforms within McLaren’s racing portfolio by creating materials that articulate the brand and partnership opportunity