Kraft Sports & Entertainment (KSE) recently expanded and diversified its professional sports portfolio to include the Boston Uprising, an esports team in the Overwatch League (OWL). Looking forward to 2020, the organisation is preparing to welcome the team home to Boston and is seeking an experienced marketer with a passion for growing esports and Overwatch fandom in New England, to serve as our Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will be based at Gillette Stadium and will establish the Boston Uprising, one of 20 teams in the Overwatch League, as a major player in the professional sports scene in the Boston market. The Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager will be responsible for all marketing efforts including ticket sales, database management, fan acquisition, community engagement, promotional activity, grassroots marketing, and event execution for the Boston Uprising.
He/she may also be called upon to consult on additional esports activity for the broader KSE umbrella to include the New England Patriots (EA Sports Madden/Madden Club Championship) and New England Revolution (EA Sports FIFA/eMLS) and will report into the Executive Director of Special Events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing, sales and promotional plans for the Boston Uprising in the Boston/New England market
- Collaborate with internal departments on messaging, marketing channels, timing and cadence
- Oversee the planning and execution of fan events such as watch parties, player meet & greets, tournaments, college fan club meet-ups, publicity events, cosplay competitions, Facebook Live Q&As, etc
- Develop the strategic vision, staffing plans, budgets, calendars and timelines for events
- Liaison with vendors and third parties to execute events and deliver first-class fan experiences
- Assist with fulfilment and implementation of key sponsor programs to ensure authenticity in the community
- Collaborate on strategy development for in-stadium entertainment, overall game-day presentation and all product (e.g. tickets, merchandise) promotional plans
- Responsible for managing accuracy of customer data via hygiene best practices
- Oversee daily data imports into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Initiate and sustain ongoing fan acquisition efforts to grow database
- Develop lists and sales leads for ticketing efforts based on likelihood to purchase Season Tickets, Homestand Weekends, Partial seasons, Individual Matches
- Use email tracking mechanisms to identify and surface qualified leads
- Identify marketing efforts aimed at enhancing the customer journey including personalisation, one-to-one messaging and automation
- Assess success metrics and share post campaign reports with executive leadership team
- Develop and execute advanced and gate ticket sales plans for all Boston Uprising league matches and special events as required
- Work closely with marketing, content and promotional staff to support plans through email marketing, grassroots marketing and events
- Make recommendations on ticket inventory and price points, and surface recommendations for policies and procedures related to exchange of tickets, refunds, counterfeit tickets, etc.
- Interact with ticketing liaisons at the home venue(s) to ensure guest experience related to ticketing is seamless
- Work closely with senior executives to provide updates, reports and financial statements as required
- Stay abreast of industry trends, identify key opportunities in the esports space and develop customised strategises to gain relevance via esports and gaming
- Serve as an integral stakeholder between internal departments and utilise knowledge base of esports and gaming to educate and inform departmental leaders (e.g., Content, Digital, Social, Sponsorship, Brand, Events, Data Warehouse)
- Leverage knowledge of the gaming space to identify potential endemic partners and surface ideas to internal sponsorship team
- FT Community Coordinator (direct)
- PT Associates (indirect)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-6 years Marketing and/or CRM Management experience
- Working knowledge of the gaming and esports space strongly preferred
- High level awareness of the Overwatch community and OWL
- Must be driven and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to move projects forward
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including formal and informal presentation skills
- Strong analytical and decision making capabilities
- Experienced time manager with the ability to multi-task
- Proven track record of managing up
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the daily work environment is usually moderate.
- Noise levels at events and on match days can be highly elevated
- Normal office environment.
- Must be willing to travel 5-10% of the time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.