Optus Stadium has been open since January 2018 and the venue has been so successful in not just the sporting and entertainment sphere, but also the private and corporate events space, and this has resulted in a new role being created in the MASE Sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team at an award-winning venue, most recently crowned the most beautiful sporting facility in the world. Reporting to the MASE Sales Manager, the MASE Sales Executive will form part of the MASE team in the Catering department and will play an important role in delivering incredible and unique experiences for thousands of visitors to Optus Stadium. This position is a 2 year fixed term contract which can be extended beyond pending the success of the incumbent.
- Maximising revenue within the conference and business events market, sourcing new business whilst ensuring existing clients are account managed and maximised
- Growing our database of clients for non-event day functions
- Capitalizing on sales opportunities and achieve sales targets by creating quotes, conducting site inspections with clients and executing follow-ups to convert leads
- Complete sales by issuing contracts, invoicing and collecting payments due
- Develop ongoing relationships and provide service at high levels to key clients including managing servicing costs and client’s expectations
To be successful, you will have:
- Proven sales experience in account management and business development in the MICE, functions or special events industry
- An energetic approach in growing existing accounts and targeting new clients
- Proactive selling skills and the ability to close a sale/opportunity
- A strong understanding of the MICE market and trends, domestic and international
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Experience in strategy development and business planning
- Organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products
- Knowledge and a passion for function, conference and sports related events and concert spectaculars
- Experience with Ungerboeck UBS an added bonus
- The opportunity to work at the most iconic venue in Western Australia
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A varied, challenging and target-driven working environment
- Recognition for your talents and contribution
- Free onsite parking
- Access to stadium events tickets
While standard hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, the nature of the event industry means that you will be required to work outside these hours particularly around events being staged at Optus Stadium and Stadium Park.
To apply, please include a current CV, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Applications close 4 October 2019.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.