The Operational Finance Manager will be primarily focus on managing all operational Finance processes, with active line management of the Sales and Purchase Ledger Supervisors.
• Manage the day to day operations of the transactional finance team, providing 1st line support for complex queries
• Ownership of the day to day banking requirements including credit card management, banking systems, account monitoring and banking administration
• Management of VAT processes including quarterly returns and basic VAT advice for Finance team members
• Manage the month end process for the sub ledgers and cash management to ensure deadlines are met and financial accounting is accurate
• Monitor Sales and Purchase Ledger KPI’s and drive continuous improvement
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the Payables, Receivables, Expenses and Cash Management modules with Oracle Fusion ERP
• Assist in planning and delivering systems upgrade projects through co-ordination and participation in the user acceptance testing, and monitoring and resolution of defects for transactional finance
• Provide challenge to existing Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger processes to enhance financial controls and efficiencies
• Liaise with Internal and External Auditors on year end and other requests
• Review and authorise payment runs and oversee the process of payments to clubs and other bodies
• Review and authorise credit notes and refunds to customers
• Offer support to ad hoc Finance projects
Qualifications and Experience:
•Significant experience of managing a transactional finance team and month end accounting procedures
•Experience of liaising with External Auditors and providing information for year end
•Oracle experience preferable although candidates with exposure to similar ERP systems will be considered
•Working knowledge of VAT
•Qualified Accounting Technician (AAT) preferable or qualified by experience
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Strong people management skills, preferably of transactional finance
• Excellent attention to detail with a thorough, proactive approach to problem solving
• Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities against strict deadlines
• Emotionally resilient and energetic with a positive attitude and approach
• Excellent communicator comfortable with dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Proven track record of coaching and supporting teams
• All Role Holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity, including evenings and weekends.
• The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.