Hartlepool United Football Club is a professional association football club based in Hartlepool, County Durham, England. The team currently competes in the National League, the fifth tier of English football. Following purchase of HUFC by Chairman Raj Singh in 2017 the Club has been progressing football and commercial business plans with the ultimate aspiration to return to the football league and to deliver a new stadium development at Victoria Park. The position of Operations Manager / Director represents an incredible opportunity for the correct candidate to join that journey and to help shape the next chapter in the Club’s remarkable history.
• Reporting to the Board of Directors and Chairman.
• Delivering and inspiring outstanding off-field operations and targets.
• Developing improved operational control systems alongside the finance team.
• Working alongside Directors and senior staff to plan and progress a best-in-class matchday experience and set of associated operational standards.
• Responsible for planning and implementing matchday operations including ticketing, retail, fundraising, bars, kiosks, hospitality and stewarding (safety officer).
• Developing a matchday volunteer base and integration.
• Working alongside the senior commercial lead to support and deliver matchday commercial targets and business development goals.
• Working alongside the team manager, football administration and competition frameworks to ensure that all football related matchday regulations and requirements are supported.
• Leading development of a 7-day-per week programme of stadium activity including conferencing, functions and stadium events.
• Proactively defining, monitoring and delivering stadium/facility maintenance plans to standard and budget with a hands-on approach.
• Directly line managing grounds staff to agreed standards and targets.
• Overall responsibility for H&S including fulfilment of relevant stadium/facility criteria.
• Ensuring that all stadium/facility regulatory criteria are kept up to date.
• Managing and overseeing work that is carried out on stadium/facilities to specification.
• Managing stadium/facility security and cleaning for both event and non-event days.
• Ad-hoc support of the 1st team manager to ensure smooth delivery of football operations.
• Ad-hoc working with stadium development plans and project team.
• Undertaking other responsibilities as may be required by the company from time to time.
• Proven senior management track record with relevant sector experience.
• Ability to lead by example and to be hands-on in delivering change.
• Ability to inspire people with varying skill sets from various departments.
• Ability to handle pressure and to satisfy multiple stakeholders to deadline.
• Track record of delivering value for money with financial budgets and targets.
• Flexibility with working hours to suit the demands of the business including attendance on home matchdays.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage lasting relationships.
• An enthusiastic, committed and self-driven individual who wants to deliver success.