The Operations Specialist works directly with the Operations Team to assist with event and facility operations of all Sporting KC venues and spaces. The Operations Specialist helps ensure all events are executed flawlessly by assisting the Operations Team in ensuring that Sporting KC facilities and fields are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
● Ensure the facility is operating according to the mission, vision and values of Sporting KC.
● Assist the Operations Team by moving, loading and unloading equipment and supplies
● Assist the Operations Team with the set-up, breakdown and changeover of event spaces.
● Execute assigned events.
● Maintain the general upkeep of Sporting Kansas City facilities.
● Conduct assigned inspections of facilities and event spaces in preparation.
● Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
● Perform other related tasks as assigned.
● Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Working on or already obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Sport or Event Management preferred.
● No previous experience needed.
● Responsive and dependable.
● Ability to multitask.
● Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
● Works well in a team focused environment.
● Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
● Required to sit, stand and walk.
● Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
● Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
● Reach with hands and arms.
● Required to talk and hear consistently.
● Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to 50 pounds if necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.