People & Culture Project Manager
Co-op Live will offer a warm Manchester welcome to over 23,000 fans and amazing artists. With innovative smart ‘bowl’ design, cutting edge visual and acoustic technology, plus 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs, we’re creating a unique space for the people of Manchester and beyond. World class, planet friendly and all in the heart of our local vibrant community.
As we gear up to be the biggest live entertainment arena in the UK, we’re looking for a People & Culture Project Manager. This is a really exciting, true people generalist role, where every day will bring new challenges.
You will be supporting the set up of all people processes, ways of working and developing how we do things. This is a genuine opportunity to make a difference, developing all people services from scratch and putting your stamp on the role.
- Roll your sleeves up and get stuck into all things people & culture related; every day will be different as we work together to develop systems, processes, policies and ways of working
- Work with the venue operations team to set up systems that create as much automation as possible, reducing people administration activities
- Recruitment is key for us in the first 12 months, you will be supporting the team to co-ordinate, administer, interview, onboard and attend careers fairs to attract the best talent to Co-op Live
- Work closely with the People & Culture Director on the delivery of all people projects, gaining awesome experience in new systems such as time & attendance, procuring DBS provider, pay & reward, recruitment, employee engagement and performance management
- Support on diversity and inclusion initiatives, driving inclusive practices into everything we do
- Support the development and implementation of our employee reward strategies for permanent and event teams
- Provide practical, people and employment law advice to leaders, managers & supervisors
- Proactively manage people policy and employment law updates to ensure statutory compliance and best practice
- Produce monthly reports that monitor progress against our internal and external commitments, identifying opportunities to continuously improve what we do and think outside the box
- Manage the administration support for the team ensuring processes are slick and effective
- Design and deliver people training sessions for the leadership and management teams
- Work with key local stakeholder’s including Greater Manchester Good Employment Charter, Manchester City Council, City Football Group and supporting charities
- Manage relationships with external service providers including rewards & benefits partner
What Co-op Live will give to you
Alongside the benefit of working with an awesome team of talented people, we want to help you get the best out of your work and have a work life balance.
- Provide you with development opportunities and regular one to ones
- Key objectives for you to succeed in your role
- Your general wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds, we understand the importance of balancing work and personal commitments
- This is an office base role, it’s really important we work together to mobilise the biggest music and live entertainment arena in the UK
- Working 5 out of 7 days – this may include evenings and weekends
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension scheme
- Private Health Care scheme – Vitality
- Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
- Eyecare vouchers
- WeCare Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family 24hrs, 7 days per week when you need the service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Office fruit & snacks
- Team social events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- CIPD Level 5 qualification
- An infectious can-do approach
- Great employment law knowledge
- Have a passion for getting things done
- Be a brilliant team player
- Broad generalist people experience
- Thrive when its buzzing
- Have a flexible approach, like variety of which there will be loads!
- Confident to challenge and support all levels of the team
- Good working HR systems experience
- Experience of working with a large team of casual staff
- Experience of working in an arena, stadium or large business
- Great project management skills
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.