About the role:
The LTA is the National Governing Body of tennis for Great Britain. We are here to govern and grow tennis, from grassroots participation through to the professional game. Our vision for the sport is Tennis Opened Up. We’re working towards a future where tennis is truly a sport for all. All ages, all backgrounds, all levels of fitness. Anyone can pick up a racket and everyone can be a part of the tennis family. Our mission is to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable.
We play an important part in ensuring the popularity and future of our sport. We’re here because we’re passionate about tennis; and we want to spread that passion across the nation.
A vital element to the LTA’s success is its ambition to be more inclusive and diverse than ever before. This extends throughout the organisation, and the wider tennis landscape. The LTA aim is to lead the way on Inclusion & Diversity, and we actively welcome applications from all backgrounds, genders and abilities.
The Performance Operations Manager will provide the day to day management of the Performance Operations Team in order to provide world class support to the Performance Directorate, players, coaches and stakeholders where required. The Perf Ops Team plays a key role in supporting the Men’s, Women’s, Wheelchair Performance Pathway (WCPP), National Performance Pathway (NPP) and Science & Medicine (SSSM) Team to deliver the LTA performance mission to ‘make Great Britain one of the most respected Tennis nations in the world for player development’ and achieve our strategic objectives.
- To oversee / manage specified funding initiatives for the Teams within Performance, including players on the Pro Scholarship Programme (PSP), the Men’s & Women’s Programme (MWP), National Age Group Programme (NAGP), Wheelchair Elite programme and players claiming via the tournament bonus scheme (TBS). In addition providing ongoing operational management of the monthly tracking / analysis of players performance against support delivered.
- To manage the operational delivery in organising all LTA official trips, camps and GB representative events such as the Junior Billie Jean King Cup, Junior Davis Cup, European Junior Championships, World Team Cup and the European Individual Championships. This will include all logistical preparation to ensure British teams are optimally prepared to compete and perform. In addition, to manage relationships with and be the main point of contact for international federations including the ITF, ATP, WTA and TE ensuring optimal customer service and strong relationships with major governing bodies. Where required and appropriate act as Team Leader for identified junior events organised through external bodies including Youth Olympics and Commonwealth Youth Games.
- To manage, update and publish the selection policies and ensure adherence to the process, including minute taking and detailed written records. This would include selections for funding programmes and activities (trips and camps).
- To update player agreements across all areas of performance and ensure they are fit for purpose, communicated, signed by all parties and complied with throughout the term.
- To lead on all matters surrounding branded team kit for the Performance Team, GB Teams (Davis Cup, Billie Jean King Cup and World Team Cup) and junior GB teams. This includes liaising with the commercial team and suppliers, maintaining accurate records, processing orders and building relationships with sponsors. This will also include being the main point of contact for any issues or queries.
- To manage the Men’s and Women’s team wild card process in line with ITF / WTA / ATP eligibility requirements. This will include working closely with the Head of Men’s Tennis and the Head of Women’s Tennis on decisions, communication of decisions and the maintenance of records.
- To provide operational management and/or support, where required, to the Billie Jean King Cup Captain, Davis Cup Captain and Olympics Team Leader to help ensure effective delivery of these major events. This is likely to include liaising with external and international federations, the LTA Events team, preparing schedules, documents, logistics and kit.
- To assist the Head of Men’s Tennis, the Head of Women’s Tennis and Head of Performance Operations & Wheelchair Performance Pathway in managing their budgets. This will include ensuring the correct coding of costs, managing queries, budget updates, identifying overspend and providing commentary to explain any projected difference against budget to the Finance Business Manager.
- To be responsible for the development of all performance policies (including travel, wildcards, disciplinary, NTC access and Covid protocols where necessary) and ensure they are published on the LTA website and / or communicated appropriately and support in the administration of any disputes or disciplinary issues where required.
- To manage and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders to ensure relevant agreements are fit for purpose, contractually agreed, communicated and adhered to. This would include stakeholders such as Tennis First, Insurance and WorldAware (our external security company).
- To lead on the processes related to WorldAware including updating risk assessment templates and the emergency processes. Also to ensure the Performance Directorate are aware and follow the processes and utilise the resources available.
- To proactively and effectively communicate and update players, coaches, support staff and LTA Performance Team on relevant and important information, this may include working with the communications Team, Senior Management Team (SMT), NTC Operations Team, Covid working group, The People Team and any other teams or colleagues as required.
- To effectively manage and support the Performance Operations Coordinators (POC’s) to ensure the team are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities, maximising their impact, and any individual or team development needs are identified with development plans in place to support the individual.
- Line management responsibilities: ensuring the POC’s are performance managed and supported effectively, including completion of probation meetings, annual and mid-year reviews where required.