Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Premium Club Manager is responsible for the overall management of all clubs and catering activity in assigned areas and will provide management assistance to the suite manager and concession managers in the profitable management of concessions operations, as needed. The Premium Clubs Manager will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment. The Premium Clubs Manager coordinates s activities at the venue into a team effort that contributes to the successful execution of all events. The Premium Clubs Manager enforces all Spectra’ personnel and operating policies and procedures. The Premium Clubs Manager plans, organizes, and executes the service requirements of each event and determines all scheduling and product components required to properly service events within budgetary guidelines.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Management of club level services to ensure a high level of guest service satisfaction in all pertinent areas
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to Spectra management immediately.
- Provides on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time for both Premium Services and Concessions, as required.
- Assist in the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Ensures staff is briefed on event requirements and assigned to a specific area prior to events.
- Enforces all Spectra and venue policies and procedures as they relate to guest satisfaction, quality standards, uniform policy, cash handling, operating procedures, and quality presentation.
- Ensures all policies and procedures regarding accounting and cash handling practices are followed.
- Conducts a walk-through of clubs and pantry areas after completion of the event to ensure all areas are clean.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time for the Clubs Department.
- Assists in development of other business activities, community participation in appropriate groups and all other assignments as directed by the General Manager or Director of Premium.
- Assists in vault opening, closing and balancing, as necessary.
- Valid Food Handler’s certificate if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, NFP volunteers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to be self-directed in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
- Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus 2-4 years food service management experience. Catering management experience a plus.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.