About the role
We are seeking to recruit an experienced principal-level transport planning professional with a proven track record managing challenging projects across development planning and/or sports and events.
The role involves working with our existing clients such as Canary Wharf, Battersea Power Station, the FA and Transport for London. We will also help you develop your career by introducing you to client management and work winning opportunities.
The role is client-facing and the successful candidate will work with planning consultants, architects, local authorities, external project managers, and colleagues within Steer to deliver projects and enhance and expand our services to private and public sector clients.
The post-holder will be required to:
- Deliver successful projects to time, budget and quality parameters
- Provide technical expertise and advice in development planning and events
- Manage and supervise more junior members of the team
- Contribute towards work winning for the team
- Drive career path and network
Requirements for this role
- Passionate about forming and maintaining client relationships
- Effective project manager
- Passionate about sports and event management
- Proven track record in terms of delivering successful projects
- Able to demonstrate intelligent understanding of the development planning and sports and events sectors
- Experience of producing high quality written outputs such as transport assessments, travel plans, delivery and servicing plans
- Experience of planning/organising events, transport operations or crowd management for sporting or other events (desirable)
- Experienced at stakeholder management and confident presenting to a range of stakeholders
- Able to proactively lead a team in demanding situations to meet/exceed client expectations
- Excellent communicator and people skills
- Supportive of and able to manage other team members
Why join us
We believe in empowering our people and giving them the opportunities to shine. Being an employee-owned company means that our people are dedicated and passionate about what they do, and it is the reason why we are at the forefront of our industry.
Steer is an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity or gender. Part-time and flexible working applications will be considered.