Passionate about sport, entertainment, cause and culture? Interested in partnerships & experiences for brands? Excited by working on the biggest annual sporting event in the world?
Fuse is looking for an ambitious, established Project Director to join our Major Events team to work on one of our client’s UEFA Champions League Final Istanbul 2020 Guest Programmes. You must have strong interpersonal and project management skills, demonstrable experience of managing large teams and excellent attention to detail.
You will have proven experience in leading the delivery of major events, creating partnerships & experiences for brands and be confident when liaising with both clients & suppliers.
This is a complex, challenging but ultimately highly rewarding role working on one of the biggest sporting properties in the world, with one of the world’s biggest brands. You will be the main point of contact on this project for the client, your team and wider suppliers and stakeholders, so strong client management, team management and operational event experience are all key to success in this role.
Skills and experience required
- Prior relevant experience in directing large-scale events for a brand, an agency, a governing body or an organising committee
- An in-depth understanding of what goes into running a large-scale guest programme with strong experience in at least some of the following areas; guest communications, stadium operations, transport and logistics, hotel management, ticketing, hospitality event production, workforce and branding
- Experience building and leading senior client relationships with strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Confident, positive and reassuring when liaising with clients and suppliers
- Experience running and managing a dynamic and experienced team, with the ability to also support senior management with wider business planning and reporting
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work at pace
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills including extensive experience creating client presentations and operational documents
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing large and complex operational budgets
- Highly competent in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to apply
Full job description available on request. Salary range dependent on experience. To apply please send your CV and a covering email, outlining your experience, motivation and suitability for the role, to UCLFinalsRecruitment@fuseint.com