Successfully manage capital investment projects to assist with the ongoing development of Wembley Stadium.
- In conjunction with Project Sponsors, formulate project objectives and briefs. Translate these into scopes of work and formulate appropriate procurement strategies to deliver best value for the Business.
- Determine key stakeholders and consult effectively to ensure user requirements are defined and reflected in emerging project briefs.
- Appoint and lead teams of professional advisors to ensure project briefs are effectively translated into designs and specifications.
- Provide and present reports at key project milestones to ensure project proposals are signed off by the business / key stakeholders.
- Derive (and maintain) cost estimates for projects and work with Finance partners and project sponsors to create (and maintain) business cases for business approval.
- Assume responsibility to deliver projects within approved budgets. Track and monitor project costs through their life cycle.
- Establish project plans and timelines taking into account operational constraints and key business milestones. Assume responsibility to ensure projects are successfully delivered within pre-determined deadlines.
- Prepare and present expenditure approval requests and seek business approval for capital projects in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present project reports to ensure the business is kept updated on major / strategic projects.
- Identify project risks and formulate relevant strategies to manage and mitigate these.
- Formulate and implement relevant strategies to ensure the quality standards are set and achieved.
- Ensure projects are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all relevant statutory approvals are obtained for capital projects.
- Conduct project close out reviews and capture lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
- Support the on-going development of property development policies and procedures across the Group to improve business efficiencies and controls.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- End to end project management expertise
- Relevant degree level academic qualification
- Experience of delivering multiple large-scale capital projects in a venue environment
- Experience of delivering capital projects from all stages of a projects lifecycle e.g, from initial, brief, design, procurement, construction and completion and closeout.
- Experience & knowledge of office / hospitality fit out, and facilities maintenance type projects.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with local planning authorities / planning regulations and building control.
- Attainment of Prince 2 or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH)
- Knowledge and understanding of football, The FA and other sports administration/governing bodies.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. MRICS, APM, CIOB, CENG etc).
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.