If you want to join a prestigious, innovative brand that looks to the future whilst celebrating its history; if you thrive on leading ambitious sales teams and selling iconic events and venues, we want to hear from you.
The Jockey Club’s London Region is home to some of the world greatest racing fixtures and provides the backdrop for unique conference and event spaces. As its Regional Head of Sales, it will be your responsibility to lead the sales teams to achieve and exceed projected targets for racing and non-racing event sales across the Region’s three racecourses (Epsom Downs, Sandown Park and Kempton Park Racecourse).
To do this you will need to have Hospitality and/or Conferencing and Events (C&E) sales experience, excellent commercial acumen and strategic planning skills. You will be able to demonstrate successful line management skills, enjoy developing and coaching sales teams. You will be results orientated, creative and possess the determination to succeed.
Key skills and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- managing, motivating and developing the Regional Sales team to deliver outstanding results. Focusing team energy and action on proactively achieving sales, EBITDA, best practice and exceptional customer experience
- identifying and growing talent to ensure the right level and quality of resource is in place for current and future business requirements.
- working with the Regional Management team to create an innovative sales culture which maximises every opportunity to build the Jockey Club and racecourse brands significantly improve profitability and sales
- driving non-racing turnover by ensuring that the available facilities are fully utilised and exploited commercially for conference and banqueting or events and leisure business
- setting and delivery of the sales budget both in terms of income and expenditure across the Region
The role will be based at Sandown Park Racecourse, the hub of the Region, but will require regular travel across the London Region. It is essential that you hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle. Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary to work some evenings and weekends.
The closing date for the role is November 6, 2019. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
The Jockey Club is an equal opportunities employer. We want to create a workplace where you can be yourself, celebrating the fact that we are all individuals. We recognise the importance of having a culture where each other’s differences are respected and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining people from a diverse range of backgrounds.